Using an S2 Exige as a daily driver?

As the title says, are these usable as a daily driver unlike the S1 Exige seemed to be? There does seem to be a few 1yr old cars on the market with ea fair few miles under their belt indicating they are being used a lot more. How are the cars throught the winter ie. coping with cleaning all the muk off and the salt covered tarmak.

??? Does no one use an S2 Xige as a dd???

yes, its my only car. Its fine. Where in Sussex mate. Im in haywards heath

I do, my daily drive is quite short but up here there is a high chance of snow during the winter and did drive my Elise everyday including snow. But with the tyres I will leave the car at home if it snows.
On SELOC there are a lot of Exiges used as daily drives and its no hardship, unless it snows

The main problem arises when the tyres are getting low on tred and aquaplaining can be an issue. Lotus do do a winter tyre for the Exige if it all becomes too much.

Use mine daily too. Apart from being a bit more cautious where I park it due to the decreased rear visibility it’s no worse than my previous Elises. Get it and have fun.

Every day!

eh! up Kev!!! it me ‘Ruggs’

eh! up Kev!!! it me ‘Ruggs’

Hiya Keith!

I was also wondering this as I see three or four on pistonheads which have covered less than 2000 miles. Seems a little strange.
Cheers

Currently 80 miles per day in all weather…

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=205592&f=15&h=0

I was also wondering this as I see three or four on pistonheads which have covered less than 2000 miles. Seems a little strange.
Cheers

That’ll be those who thought they wanted a Lotus when what they really wanted was a Poxster. It happened with the S1 Elise too.

Cheers

Ding. The S2 Exige is the most useable Lotus and utterly brilliant car. Bloody fast and bloody good all round. My fave, second tot he S1 Elise and S1 Exige.

That’ll be those who thought they wanted a Lotus when what they really wanted was a Poxster. It happened with the S1 Elise too.

in my newbie ness still do i take it that as an S1 Exige driver im supposed to say an S2 is a soft option?

just wanted to know