Upgrades

So what upgrades have peeps got planned for over the winter time ?
It seems quiet on the S2 section at the moment just wondering if everyone is busy in the garage :slight_smile:

ah want to put a new fuse & relay box in mine and clean up some of the wiring

Just had a 260 upgrade carried out on my exige

Took the car apart and cleaned the sh1t out of it
Took all the body panels to work yesterday ready for paint.
I put some spare wheels on :wink: so I can clean up my Rays.
Drew up new two piece wing pylons with better adjustment, more sturdy.
Drew up a stronger bracket for the washer bottle.
Sold wing mirrors fitting V6 mirrors instead…GAV :smiley:
Em’d & R’d about having a carbon splitter made.
Em’d & R’d about buying AiM smarty cam…looks really cool!
Em’d & R’d about buying fitting a bag tank and roll cage…
May get manifold coated, but I don’t think it’s practical or needed.
Tomorrow budgeting in Ventureshield.
I’m doing a lot of day dreaming…

JF if venturshielding then the guy that did mine is best in country. Every facing surface coated with one piece on every panel no joins or patching

The best upgrade for mine this year be to drive it.

It is coming up to it’s 6th birthday and it only has 8k miles on it.

Thanks Damon who?

Brakes (just don’t tell Graham)
Exhaust (I must ring Jim)
Tyres (The excuses will be starting early this year)
Header tank
No real upgrades this year for me :frowning:

Contact at AMI is Nick Phelps on 07836 285 538

Tell him I sent you.

Won’t be the cheapest but it will be the best. My Exige has never been garaged in 6 years and looks like this now…not a stone chip in site after many trackdays and a Nordschleife eurohoon

Warranty job to replace the clutch cylinder on the Evora, booked for 1st Feb. Car is fine though, just a recall for some reason.

Oh, and must get it washed…

Dreaming is good.

I haven’t used or even seen a smarty cam (other than I just checked out their website, and they are some nice goodies on there) and I guess any of these kind of things is going to be cool to use, but It’s tough to beat a Racelogic VBOX. The VBOX comes with some smart software so you can relive track time and even view side by side laps from a session and see what line worked best. I would think I spend as much time afterwards checking out the data as in the car on a trackday.
I would share some footage of us out on Hethel but messed up that day when I didn’t put an SD card back in.

Are you going to the Autosport show this weekend… seems like a good place to check out your options, then you can touch as well as dream :wink:

The only thing that might happen is I change the shocks for some Nitrons or JRZs - but I’ve already spent my budget on house upgrades instead!

No upgrades at the moment, the car is sleeping, and the slush fund is growing :smiley:

I’ll need new front discs and pads all round in the spring - so that’ll be £900 wiped out! :unamused:

I quite fancy renewing the stickers along the sills, along with the windscreen visor sticker as all are showing signs of tiredness. Then a general tidy up and proper clean.

Oh and an adjustable ARB prior to whenever the next track day will be.

Doing quite a few jobs then jonny, yep you deffo need a new bracket for that washer bottle. Where did you get the spare wheels from :laughing:

Just waiting for a few small items from Seriously Dave, then taking the car to Phoenix for fitting.
I should really be upgrading by having some driver tuition not wasting money on my car :blush:

Well the paint job, washer bottle and a few other bits were done in a hurry to get some track time sorted last year…shame lol. Glad you like the wheels, I couldn’t get over how heavy there are compared to my Volks and the 240Rs I had brief possession of, still many thanks they’ll be perfect on a wet track day :thumbup:

@Will I’ve got the MXL Strada dash already mate and I don’t take data logging too seriously to compare but I do like to watch footage on a raining day in January, I figure the extra info would add to the enjoyment. At present i just plug in a video camera but it takes a bloody age to convert to WMV. BUT having said that split lap timing looks fun :mrgreen: should I choose to race. I’m giving the Autosport show a wide berth, I’ll only get tempted to buy more goodies and I really have spent enough for the time being :slight_smile:

I have been thinking about getting a GoPro as it will link into my Race Technology Dash 2 and the data on the video does look cool.

I always forget to switch my Muvi camera on most of the time and this would then be handled by the dash.

do you have a dash2 or dash2 pro? The latter supports the GoPro

Looking at one for mine

Dash2 with DL1 pro data logger so connection is to the logger. Supports quite a few of the older GoPro models together with Hero 3 Silver and black.

ah that makes sense now