upgrades which ones?

ive got enough money together to do some upgrades (around �3000) what ever the merits rules out honda/audi conversions and i’m usless with a spanner and dont have a place to put an in bits exige (so would have to have the upgrades done on the car for me)

what upgrades can people recommend?

i have to take fitting into consideration, but would like to hear from anyone thats done anything good or bad

my car is a 190
oil cat tank
braided hoses

many thanks

Depends what you want to use the car for, although I’d say the following are pretty much a given.

Emerald ECU (std 190 is total gash)
Remote Thermostat.
Brake pads.

You should still have quite a bit of cash left.

Other than that, I’d wait until you get used to the car on track/road and spend the money on the parts of the car you think are lacking for your particular driving style.

Ie. if you aren’t all that smooth and tend to unbalance the car, get the suspension looked at. If you’ve got a weak leg, get the brakes looked at. If you like useless bling, get a splitter and diffuser . etc etc.

I’d check your cam timing too, the 190 upgrade pulley isnt always as good as it might be.

Dave

Well if it were my money then the first things I would be looking to do is make the car stop better and handle better, far more gains to be had than any power hike!!

�3k should sort it out nicely!!

All depends whether you do trackdays or not.

In order of importance:

Irrespective of trackdays or not -
Remote thermostat
Full geo

For track days -
Harness bar, harnesses & racing seats
Better brake pads and discs
Better dampers

spend whatever change you have on trackdays

If you don’t track -
removeable steering wheel
sports exhaust
front splitter
some carbon tat

unless you are wedded to your VHPD, I wouldn’t bother with the Emerald ECU.

I�m stunned, know one �s mentioned driver training yet, usually that�s the first on the list .

David

I�m stunned, know one �s mentioned driver training yet, usually that�s the first on the list .

David

Isn’t that what we all did when we were 17???

I agree with the brakes and suspension first, but only after things like the coolant circuit have been sorted.

Sean…

The remote thermostat business is worrying me. With my Elise I always planned to do it but never got round to it. Now I have the Exige, you’ve all set me wondering again.
Certain people I have spoken to have “poured cold water” on the idea, if you’ll pardon the expression.
I’m not planning to track the car at the moment but I notice it’s one of the first things mentioned by Steve irrespective of use.

The remote thermostat business is worrying me…
Certain people I have spoken to have “poured cold water” on the idea…

That might have been the case before the Freelander revised thermostat kit came out. But I think there is now near universal praise for this kit.

Thanks, Steve, will add to the “to do” list and hope to get round to it, unlike when I had the Elise.