Upgrade or Replace ?

I currently own an S1 and I am thinking of upgrading the engine, suspension and brakes to bring it more up to date. I just wondered how the converted car would stack up against (assuming same driver and conditions at somewhere like oulton park) the 240R and Exige S (any others). Are these cars worth the extra money ?

Thanks.

I think it has been established that one of the most cost effective ways to go quick is with a Honda or Audi powered S1

I think you would struggle to go faster for less cash with a 240r or S

I dont fully understand your response, are we saying that an S1 honda/audi/etc is as fast as an S or 240 (with the appropriate suspension and brakes) ?

Thanks for your reply …

faster 300Bhp does seem to help :slight_smile:

Id would say an n/a hondad s1 would be quicker than a 240r due to the extra weight. If i were you id keep the s1 and upgrade it!

Id would say an n/a hondad s1 would be quicker than a 240r due to the extra weight. If i were you id keep the s1 and upgrade it!

What he said! N/A Honda Exige with Nitrons and proper brakes will be considerably faster than a 240R. I’d have a 240R any day though. They look fanatastic.

/2p

Dan@JPS

Don’t want to start a war, but spend even less dosh and put a decent K series in there and save even more weight.

I have read a couple of differing power claims for the Honda conversion (non supercharged). Can someone tell me a definitive figure please ? Are there any cheapish easy power gains (keeping the engine n/a) ?

Thanks.

from what i know a UK engine maks about 200bhp and Jap (JDM) engine makes 220bhp

SeanB, that was what I looked at first with Simon but I would like the engine for this summer and I dont want to bother Simon as I am sure he is very busy. I would love a solid 250hp K series from Simon but …

200 hp doesnt sound enough to me (from the 190 K) … or is there more to it than the figures ?

You should call Simon. He has been plagued with supply issus and that is why the 2 litre people have had to wait so long, but he is there now. I could have had my 2 litre for Snetterton, but their is a fair bit of work for me to do to put it in, with the dry sump and I need to change a load with the wiring and the cooling system, so I am leaving the 1.8 in for now. But I am pretty sure he could put you together a 1.8 that will suite you requirements very quickly. He put my 1.8 together in two weeks before the last Mid engined race last year.

can you PM me what your 1.8 is producing and roughly how much it cost you ? I could also do with contact info for Simon as I dont have his details any more.

Thankyou.

thanks.

will do.

Don’t want to start a debate, but I have just had a 1900cc 220bhp, 160 torque “K” series and its sweet. puts the 190 to shame and not that expensive. Saying that the S1 seems to be dropping in value fast ???

Any more info ?..who from/what cost ? PM me if you prefer.

[quoteSaying that the S1 seems to be dropping in value fast ??? [/quote]

And how exactly do you come to that conclusion ?

I agree more info required please - the value of S1s has been fairly constant (within �1-2K) for the last 2.5 years of my ownership.

Interested in knowing more about the “I have just had a 1900cc 220bhp, 160 torque “K” series and its sweet”