Tyres - Where, Which and How Much???

TT

Sounds like they’re charging you �20 per tyre for fitting & balancing - try & negotiate on that!

Randy

I agree with much of what you say… however, I reckon on an exige… the Toyos are okay for pootling around, I had some on my car - which refused to die even after half a dozen track-days (they are still in my garage), but if you really want to enjoy the car they don’t have the neccesary grip of A039’s and are a real compromise… even in the wet.

That’s my feelings after trying both… and I ain’t no Michael Schumacher so reckon most folk could tell the difference… except hairdressers and S2 exige owners…

TurboTomato

IMO thats the right choice… bt i hope the price is a bit steep… otherwise i’ll be buying some Toyos…

Edit - I have just cancelled for now as I have the track day on Sunday and don’t want to shag nearly �700 worth of new tyres…

Are the Yokis really worth the extra �200 or so over Toyos though…?

TT

Short reply: Yes.

But if you haven’t been to the track with the Exige you will never notice.
You first have to learn the car’s handling characteristics.
For example. Rox did about 5 trackdays on the Toyos, and he was sliding around, but he understood what was happening.
He later went to Yokos 039 and is much faster.
Now, what he really wants is the 048’s.

But to start, sh@g your Toyos and then buy the 48’s, you can learn a lot that way.

Uldis

Short reply: Yes.

But if you haven’t been to the track with the Exige you will never notice.
You first have to learn the car’s handling characteristics.
For example. Rox did about 5 trackdays on the Toyos, and he was sliding around, but he understood what was happening.
He later went to Yokos 039 and is much faster.
Now, what he really wants is the 048’s.

But to start, sh@g your Toyos and then buy the 48’s, you can learn a lot that way.

Uldis

Cheers matey

I have pretty much decided to go for Toyos, as I don’t plan on tracking the car that much, and have not done so so far. I have looked up the prices for the Toyos and they are vastly cheaper - about �340 for a full set fitted (pretty much exactly half the cost of the Yokis )

Will get them put on after the weekend antics

TT

If you can, come to Donington and get some pax laps in some of the Exiges that are going to have the 48’s fitted.
That way yo’ull have a reference point.

I’m sure that at one point or another you will want more grip, and those Toyos are going to last forever , but you can always take them off and fit the next ones.

TT

yah boo… I thought you were going for Yokis…the Toyos are going to last you forever… and I bet that if you use them for more that 5 or 6 track days you will take them off before they die.

I do understand your feeling about the costs tho’ but you won’t exploit the exige properly on the Toyos so take it easy till you understand them.

If you do go for the Toyos then send an email to ‘[email protected]’. He will sell them for �290 including shipping, then you can get any local tyre shop to fit them. Should cost you about �20.

TT

yah boo… I thought you were going for Yokis…the Toyos are going to last you forever… and I bet that if you use them for more that 5 or 6 track days you will take them off before they die.

I do understand your feeling about the costs tho’ but you won’t exploit the exige properly on the Toyos so take it easy till you understand them.

Sorry mate

I just can’t justify the extra cost at the moment, especially as I have just bought the car and I’m not planning on tracking it loads. I will take it easy on them, cheers for the advice

I will keep my part-worn A039 rears and see if I can pick up a pair of part-worn fronts to go with them…

Anyway… I have seen the new style headlights on Eliseparts.com and reckon they’d look the absolute dogs on my black Exige … plus the rear diffuser looks great too…

TT

If you do go for the Toyos then send an email to '> [email protected]> '. He will sell them for �290 including shipping, then you can get any local tyre shop to fit them. Should cost you about �20.

I have already ordered them through mytyres.net for �298, but cheers anyway

Turbo Tomato,

If you are interested in a rear diffuser (and want to save some �’s) then e-mail [email protected] and we will send you some info on the diffusers that we make. You can also serch this site for info and some pictures under “da edwards diffuser” (I think)
Cheers Steve.