Tyres - The Going Rate?

Guys an’gals EliseParts are selling Yokos at prices as follows:

AO48 �508/set

AO39 less than �500/set

Bit less than my local main dealer!!

Thanks Simon - need a pair of rears in the next month.

Or about 10p a mile!

But they are the business!

Ian

I once worked out that tyres cost me more than petrol

Is it just me, or are the A048s surprisingly good in the wet, but surprisingly bad when it’s very cold? My car’s been a little bit scary in the past few weeks.

As far as 48’s are concerned I’ve said before that I think they’re ok when its a bit wet but a nightmare when very wet.

So for the winter trackdays I use A039’s and was able to see interesting comparison at SELOC’s Brands Hatch day yesterday. This isn’t very scientific but quite often have a lot of fun on track “following” a mate who has a very well set up and tweaked Elise S2 on Nitrons and A048’s and normally grip levels are comparable on certain parts of the Indy circuit. But yesterday he could get very little heat at all into the A048’s until later on in the day so it was very very obvious who had the grip, especially coming out of Clearways.

I know there’s all sorts of other factors but like I said we quite often are on track at same time and different circuits suit the two cars differently but we both know Brands well and the grip difference was huge and almsot certainly a huge factor in this was the heat in the tyres.

Just my 2p worth

Is it just me, or are the A048s surprisingly good in the wet, but surprisingly bad when it’s very cold? My car’s been a little bit scary in the past few weeks.

Yes, it’s not just you. Still love it though!

Ian

That’s good. I was beginning to wonder if I’ve knocked my suspension out of line.

Maybe you have.
It’s worth checking the geo after a few trackdays…

Thanks Uldis. You’ve got me worried again now