tyres for me exige

hi, sorry ive posted alot today… ok so honda in the boot, nitrons, nylatron bushes, front uprated anti roll bar, team dynamics 1.2 16 front and 17 rear

so width wise 195 front 225 rear but what profile should i look at? and then which brand…90% road use. thanks

nylatron bushes…90% road use

are you sure that’s wise…

as to your question what’s wrong with sticking to the Yoko AO39s or 48s in LTS compound.

oh poo…what you mean nylatron wise…just orderd them
what profile

oh poo…what you mean nylatron wise…just orderd them

Have a search on here and also, in fact especially on SELOC, look for pearls of wisdom from people like Randy. Nyatrons are a double edged sword and you need to go in with your eyes wide open. With a 90% road profile I would think they were an “inappropriate” upgrade.

what profile

standard Exige S1 profiles were 195/[color:“red”]50[/color] R16 & 225/[color:“red”]45[/color] R17

nylatron bushes…90% road use

are you sure that’s wise…

as to your question what’s wrong with sticking to the Yoko AO39s or 48s in LTS compound.

I don’t have any real complaints about nylatron bushes on the road, bit of noise, that’s all, the harshness doesn’t bother me.

In the dry, I’d have thought 39s would suffer even more from the Honda grunt and die quite quickly.

Ian

In the dry, I’d have thought 39s would suffer even more from the Honda grunt and die quite quickly.

Ian

Good point, although it may be offset by the lower cost 39s appearing on ebay - look like new old stock…

However you have to be aware that the AO39 fronts for sale on Ebay were made in 2000 (DOT 2400), so aren’t exactly the freshest tacky rubber despite never being used.

I sure they do have a shelf life what what would it be? and then i guess the actual life of these tyres may depend upon how and where they have been stored in the intervening years…

According to the tyre bible, you shouldn’t use if older than 7 years.
There is a definite difference to the touch between the 2007 rears and the 2000 fronts I have. Rears feel tacky and rubbery, whilst the fronts feel smooth and plasticky. Will have to see if spending �70 on each 00 front was worth it compared to �130 plus vat for later 07 manufactured ones.

There is a definite difference to the touch between the 2007 rears and the 2000 fronts I have. Rears feel tacky and rubbery, whilst the fronts feel smooth and plasticky.

Could that just be down to the different job each type does, i.e., rears are taking all the power?