Tyre Pressures

What tyre pressures do you guys run, in front and rear, for normal use?
cheers

I run 22 front/24 rear on an S2. Handbook pressures just knacker the centre of the tread as they’re too high. They don’t last long anyway so may as well try and get full value out of the whole tread!!

I run 22 front/24 rear on an S2. Handbook pressures just knacker the centre of the tread as they’re too high. They don’t last long anyway so may as well try and get full value out of the whole tread!!

cheers, yeh it is an s2. I was thinking of dropping them a bit,but wasnt sure as its new to me,as im used to playing with tyre pressure on 14"wheels.
thanks

Too true.

22 is to low imho for road use

but then i never ask what tyre pressuse to use as its a pointless question.

Pointless question? i didnt ask “what actual pressure” to use, i just wanted to know what the majority of you run for road use.
Obviously there isnt a definitave answer for tyre pressure, as there are so many factors which influence it.

Road Use for 888’s/A048’s is 24F/26R. Normally drop them a few PSI for track.

If you’re running T1-R’s or a harder compound you might want to run them slightly higher on road.

I’m running 888’s and mine are 24F/26R.

I had a geo done at Horizon Motorsport and that’s the pressures they suggested. It’s worth trying them out- not too hard to change afterall.
I’m sure your post helped the OP though- very productive and informative!! Why offer an opinion on what you consider a pointless question?

I also run A048’s at 22F/24R with no problems. In fact when the front insides were down to near the legal limit my local tyre man reversed them on the rims and swapped sides so I’ll get another few thousand out of them. According to Yokohama this is a perfectly acceptable practice.

Those who run more -ve camber than standard will benefit even more.

After reading this thread and out of interest, I thought I would drop mine a bit.

However, out of 3 guages available (1 on pump, 1 PMD needle dial and 1 AA digital guage) I got 3 completely different sets of readings?!

I settled for 26F/28R on the digital which reads the lowest and the sidewalls seem noticeably softer to the thrumb press. The reality is, I am not really sure what pressures are in it, only that they are balanced etc?

I have been and thrown it around a few roundabouts and it does now feel slightly grippier albeit a little squidgy under hard braking - so I don’t think I will go any lower - the steering is heavy enough at low speed as it is.