tyre pressure

i know book says 2 bar but does any one run different pressures to that.i have tried lower pressures which seamed better but steering was a bit stiffer .i see s1,s seam to run low pressures.+ what pressures for track as i am doing some track driving this weekend .cheers

Try a search for others opinions, but I run 24psi (1.7bar) hot all around for track use and book settings for road (26f 29r).
Assuming you’ve got A048’s on?

and book settings for road (26f 29r).

Are those really “book” settings, Simon? Sound way too high to me, but then again, I’ve never studied an S2 “book”.

my book says 2 bar front and rear ?. s2 book that is

There is an error in the book. It should read 1.8bar F 2.0bar R (as listed in the Workshop Manual and confirmed by Lotus). However I find that 21psi F and 24psi R (cold) gives the best answer and the most even wear across the treads, albeit with slightly heavier steering. A048’s of course.

and book settings for road (26f 29r).

Are those really “book” settings, Simon? Sound way too high to me, but then again, I’ve never studied an S2 “book”.

You’ve just had me double checking this now. I’ll bring the book to the next trackday for you to study
Yes its right, front 1.8bar (26psi) rear 2.0bar (29psi)
from the 04 Exige/111r tech data.

You’ve just had me double checking this now. I’ll bring the book to the next trackday for you to study
Yes its right, front 1.8bar (26psi) rear 2.0bar (29psi)
from the 04 Exige/111r tech data.

Very kind offer, but I’ll decline thanks

I would have thought “arw’s” pressures to be much more suitable for road use (& the all important tyre wear!) - perhaps even dropping the rears a lb or two.

As a matter of interest Simon, do you use the exige as your everyday car, & what sort of annual mileage do you clock up?

thanks for advice now trying 21 and 23 whilst i am posting does any one know where towing eye is located i cannot find mine ?.

Your towing eye should be in the black pouch with the locking wheel nut key etc. Which should be located in the boot.