tyre blow out

has anyone purchased marongoni zeta tyres for their exige. I did but had a blow out on front left causing me to hit a brick wall backwards ouch! As far as i understand 5 more reports of blow outs have been reported so beware.

I’d never heard of thm before… So just looked it up and can’t see the correct sizes on their website, that could be an issue.

Andy, where are you?
Never heard of that brand either, I wonder if they’re only a local favourite

Hmmm, Marongoni. A local back street garage stocks those. The poster outside says ‘marongoni…available in BLACK’.
Which say’s it all really

Apparently they ARE made of rubber though

Tim.

Why would anybody buy an Exige only to fit just any kind of tyre?

Ok, I’ll shut up now

tyres do come in all the right sizes. They seemed to be great until bang. I have a friend with a 850bhp volvo who has been running them for two years, nomaly last longer than toyo, yoko etc but mine didn’t. I’am from kent by the way.

Uldis

Aint these wot Tut is trying ??

The ones that he thought were shite?

Don’t think so, it was some silly Italian brand.

I would say, if you’re going to try different tyres, at least choose one with a soft rubber compound, something that can be used in a light car.
We’ve seen that even the Toyo T1-R’s (which are considered soft in the normal car world) are too hard for a Lotus.
Imagine any other brand…

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Yokos have a treadwear rating of 60 (apparently the lowest road going rating of any tyre and a good indication of just how soft they are), I think anything over 2.5-3 times this becomes a bad idea!

The only other tyres in all the right sizes I have come across (although admittedly I haven’t looked for a while) are Toyo T1s and Goodyear Eagle F1s. They both have a rating of 280 (if I recall correctly, certainly close to that).

The Yoko AVS is 180, but they only come in the rear size.

Ian

I remember “when I were a lad” that stereo vinyl records usually had a note on the sleeve along the line of “this record can be played on mono record players provided they are fitted with a stylus on no more then .007in radius”. Useful that! Then Mike Oldfield released ‘Tubular Bells’ and it had a notice on the sleeve saying “this record must not be played on old tin boxes no matter what they’re fitted with” - sensible advice at the time.

Maybe the Exige handbook needs a notice saying something like “this car may be run on tyres other than Yokohama LTS gradings provided that they have a tread wear rating of no more than 120” and then we, on this forum could say something like “Exiges must not be run on wooden tyres no matter what is written on the sidewalls” or something like that…

For those of you too young to remember the introduction of stereo vinyl, you haven’t lived!!!

For those of you too young to remeber the introduction of stereo vinyl, you haven’t lived!!!

Was Stereo, Vinyl’s mother?

Post deleted by Mr Pesky

Or, those of you who haven’t discovered the “Edit” button, haven’t lived either.

[quote
Was Stereo, Vinyl’s mother? [/quote]

Quite possibly!. I hadn’t considered that. But playing vinyl seems to have a new meaning these days but it’s still best done at 33 1/3 rpm!

Maybe the Exige handbook needs a notice saying something like “this car may be run on tyres other than Yokohama LTS gradings provided that they have a tread wear rating of no more than 120” and then we, on this forum could say something like “Exiges must not be run on wooden tyres no matter what is written on the sidewalls” or something like that…

For those of you too young to remember the introduction of stereo vinyl, you haven’t lived!!!

LOL…

I have a friend with a 850bhp volvo who has been running them for two years, nomaly last longer than toyo, yoko etc but mine didn’t. I’am from kent by the way.

Sure your not from Essex and blonde??

Sure your not from Essex and blonde??

OI !!!

Smanda, did you not just prove the point by taking five months to work it out?!