TURBO KIT

Hello Guys,
We are currently finalizing our Garrett GT28R turbo kit for the US market Lotus Elise which is equipped with the Toyota 2ZZ motor. We are investigating the UK model cars to see if we can also market this product to you guys for the Elise and the Exige. If you have any questions please let me know fella’s.

Brett Payne

Got a torque/power curve you could post?

Ian

How much ?

Mmmm California

Hello Guys,
We are in the final stages of this kit and we will be dyno testing the vehicle next week. I will post up numbers with horsepower, torque, a/f and psi. We are hoping to make an additional 70-80 wheel horsepower and torque with our kit. The car suffers from a lack of low end torque below the 6200rpm switchover, which we will rectify with some boost! Pricing is still being worked on and will depend somewhat on the interest and orders we get. So far I think around $7000-$7500 US (150 quid ) for the complete kit minus clutch should be about right. The kit includes : 550cc Injectors, Garrett GT28R turbo, 321 Stainless Manifold, Unichip Piggyback Computer(pre-programmed), 3 inch 304 Stainless Exhaust with High Flow Cat, Air to Air Intercooler with fan, Walbro Fuel Pump, new Aluminum Oil Pan, Samco Hoses, Bosch Blow Off Valve, Heatshielding, and all Lines and Fittings.

Please let me know if you guys have any more questions. We have some major magazine coverage in the next few months which will be testing the car in both straightline acceleration and around a race track. We have Alcon brakes on the way for the car as well as Ohlins coilovers and a bunch more goodies for the cars.

Brett Payne

Hello Guys,
So far I think around $7000-$7500 US (150 quid ) for the complete kit minus clutch should be about right.

LOL… wait a few more weeks and you won’t be far wrong with your currency conversion to UK sterling…

As of today our turbo kit is 4,008 pounds. Next week that could be 150 pounds…look who these Americans re-elected!

Brett Payne

Just out of idle curiosity, do you change the compression ration? Lower it that is

Or does it run less boost than the usual monster turbos?

Just out of idle curiosity, do you change the compression ration? Lower it that is

Or does it run less boost than the usual monster turbos?

We are only running 6-7 psi on a Garrett GT28R turbocharger with an internal wastegate. We are striving to make maximum boost by 3000rpms and achieve a wall of torque that you can drive on from 3000rpms and up. This is not a high horsepower set up as the motor will need to be built to handle any more power than we are attempting to make (260-280 horsepower). We will have a built 2.1 liter stroker motor to handle 400 horsepower with a Garrett GT3071 turbo and also a 2.1 liter N/A motor that will make approx 250 horsepower. With 400 horsepower the car will need a Quaife LSD and should be able to offer Enzo Ferrari levels of acceleration!!

Brett Payne

If a company wishes to advertise it’s product on Exiges.com they need to contact the system admin first.

Thread locked