Turbo Exige--First drive

We finished the kit installation yesterday afternoon, slung it in the dyno and…286 BHP and 200lb-ft. There are a few areas where we will improve things. We are aiming for 240lb-ft and may push my own car to 300 BHP.
Customer cars will be 280 BHP and 240lb-ft.

The on road behaviour is just typically Exige, except you can negotiate roundabouts in 4th and accelerate away cleanly at 3000 revs.

At 100 MPH it rushes up to 130 in a flash !!! [private road]

Next week we will clean up the mapping for our roads/fuel etc.

Best Regards

Allan
Weltmeister Silverstone

Lag?
Where does torque (flat?) and power (linear?) peak?
What are you expecting the damage to be?

Cheers, Ian

Ian
Can you call me on 08709-911797 then we wont clog up the thread too much.

Cheers

Allan

Oh no, not only does that sound like an absolute peach of a conversion but I’ve just noticed that you are based about 5 minutes from my house…

Oh think it’s the sort of info people would like to clog the thread up with.

I’ll give you a call when I get a mo and promise not to share any info before you’re ready to.

Cheers, Ian

Ian
The BHP peaked at 286.6 BHP at 7800 rpm. The torque is reasonably flat rising from 195lb-ft at 4400 rpm up to 200 at 5200 and stays there until 7400 with a slight dip between 5600 and 6600. As we do not yet have the required cable we cannot amend the mapping. I envisage us ending up at 240lb-ft at 4850 revs and holding it relatively flat depending on when we can switch the cam in.
Currently we have lag but this is due in the main to overfuelling at lower revs.

Cheers

Allan

Guys, which engine is this, honda or audi ?

Its on a standard 2005 “Throttle cable” type Toyota 1.8 VVTli

Cheers

Allan

Clog up the thread! There is a wide audience here and you have our attention!

Ian
Can you call me on 08709-911797 then we wont clog up the thread too much.

Cheers

Allan

Yeah, We want the full story !

Exige77

Got my interest. Looking at Bemani s/c at the moment but happy to consider alternatives.

I posted as much fact as I could remember, farther up the thread. Come up to Silverstone, see it, hear it, touch it, drive it although it is still a “work in progress”

Allan

Hmm thats a long drive for me

Who was the maker of the turbo kit?

Its the forcedfed kit so if your in the USA you should know it already.

Yes, I am well aware of the kit. In my opinion it is the best turbo kit here in the states on the market.
My partners and I have a shop and are looking to be the east coast installers for the Forced Fed kit.
I have done a few Hass turbo installs and was not impressed with the overall system design.
The Forced Fed kit has a far better layout.

Thats exactly what we thought when looked at the various options available. John at Forced Fed is a top fellow and the kit comes complete and is relatively straightforward to install, if you are a competent workshop. We are happy to be sole UK distributor.

Allan