TT260 on eBay...

Is this the same one? Surely that must be up to about 3600 owners by now

Its still the same chap selling it as all the previous times !!!
Are these tt260,s actually any good ???
I would be tempted if it was around �18,000

Well, it’s now �8,890…

(Item number: 4553409587)

I am currently the winning bidder

Anyone know its history / previous owners - good / bad?

I am currently the winning bidder

No… you’re the current highest bidder… but the reserve isn’t met, so that’s not a winning bid (sorry for the pedantry)

�16,050 and the reserve still not met…

Wouldn’t touch it with yours…

Have you seen it ?

nope. Would you buy it?

I don’t know, I’ve not seen it. I guess it depends on the price too.

Having owned another TT260 (and I think Chris on here is still tooling around in it) they’re not all that bad.

why do you always have to slag off what you dont have Randy. The TT260 is great. You dont own one and never have so dont comment on it. Just because one goes bang a long time ago doesn’t mean there all bad im sure there has been more than enough Honda engines blow up over the years.

Sits down with bucket of popcorn

Nah, peanut M&M’s are my preferred munchie material during a good show

I thought I would pour this can of super unleaded on to spice things up

I was in stainsburys car park a couple of weeks ago (Sunday). A chap with an S2000 parked next to the Exige with the bonnet up when I came out with my overpriced yet tasty goods.

I offered my assistance although wondered why the bonnet of a jap car would be up? In my experience they could weld em shut! I thought he must be toping up the washer bottle - what else would it be up for? So he could listen more clearly to the headache inducing knock/rattle as it passed through 3000 rpm. Ugh it sounded severe. He was going down to London (from Wakey) the next day and wondered if it would last. He also said he was off to Le Mans but I doubt it with that motor. I asked if it was under warranty - it was so I said I would press on but take it steady or get the AA on the job.

I would have liked to know what was wrong with it as I am indeed a worshipper of engineering from the land of the rising sun.

Just on the subject i was at snetterton yesterday and there were two honda elises there. a gunmetal grey one that seemed extremely quick and a silver and red one from maidstone sports cars. im no expert but something definitely went wrong with the engine in the silver and red one as there was a load of black smoke coming out if the engine bay and it left the track on the back of an AA trailer. i would be interested to know what happened. i also saw 2 other exiges there a gunmetal and silver one both very nice. i spoke to the owners but forgot to ask if they used this site. i was there in the azure blue exige. Also saw a white motorsport elise that looked very cool.

Ooo white, I like the sound of that Maybe one day go for a complete respray

Anyway, the S2000’s are known to explode, I think it’s the oil injector on cylinder 3 isn’t up to the job which means the cylinder overheats and then rips the liner to bits, a mate of mine had an engine replaced under warranty because of this… Then the silly mechs didn’t clean out the swarf from the inlet manifold so that trashed another one 10 miles down the road, he just made it back to the dealer and got another engine

Ian Wilson and Jimbo’s hondaspun the bearings but this was both at (can’t remember corner name) at Spa, where oil surge is a very known problem and most racers apparently take the corner slower than they can to prevent this.

It can happen to anything, it’s just less likely if it’s well put together and frankly, any jap engine is better put together than most…

However saying that, the BSB team my dad works for, when doing testing earlier in the year had a brand new engine for the superstock bike (so straight from the factory) and it threw a rod right out the side of the block! Ouchies

And that MSC demo car had done like every single trackday ever for 2+ years now so to be fair it’s done quite a few miles a lot harder than most of us!

why do you always have to slag off what you dont have Randy. The TT260 is great. You dont own one and never have so dont comment on it. Just because one goes bang a long time ago doesn’t mean there all bad im sure there has been more than enough Honda engines blow up over the years.

Wasn’t aware that I ever slagged things off just because I don’t have them?? I just don’t think it’s a particularly great idea to supercharge an already bloody unreliable engine. I slagged the K-series off to death from the first time I ever drove my car so no reason why I should stop now…

Anyway, the S2000’s are known to explode, I think it’s the oil injector on cylinder 3 isn’t up to the job which means the cylinder overheats and then rips the liner to bits, a mate of mine had an engine replaced under warranty because of this… Then the silly mechs didn’t clean out the swarf from the inlet manifold so that trashed another one 10 miles down the road, he just made it back to the dealer and got another engine

If only I had known that I would have looked a right smarty pants

It did sound manky indeed