TRD airbox and Stage 3

Just ordered a TRD airbox and filter but have no idea how is best to fit it. Is it possible to swap through the engine bay or do I have to take wheels off and arch liners etc? If it helps matters I am a very slight individual who regularly undertakes contortionary classes in order to work on cars!

I know this has probably been posted before but anyone got a fitting guide for the exhaust? I have a set of car ramps which should elevate the car suficiently to remove the diffuser or should I use a proper ramp for the whole job? Sorry to be a pain but I couldn’t bring myself to pay �135 for an exhaust to be fited by Lotus!

My airbox & filter was fitted by Lotus and they went through the arch liners

Stage 3 Exhaust - that’s going to be nice & loud

Not planning on Bedford anytime soon then ?

Stage 3 Exhaust - that’s going to be nice & loud

Not planning on Bedford anytime soon then ?

Or anywhere for that matter

I detect there may be some confusion with regards to my comment on “stage 3”. The exhaust is the Lotus upgrade for the Exige S. Lotus Sport refer to it as the stage 3.

Peeps are telling me its not as bad as the stage 2 for the N/A exige and somewhere in between the stage 1 and 2 of old.

If its going to be mental I think the girlfreind will realise what I did when she was away!

May do a track day in the future but more than likely a “loud” one…

I have the TRD air box, high flow filter and upgraded exhaust on my ‘S’ - it is noticeably louder .

Pick up and throttle response also improve…

It’s interesting that Lotus state this mod improves response as the ECU will correct any changes (or so i am led to believe).

I noticed a definite improvement in throttle response when I put the VIS on my N/A but this tailed off. When I cleaned the filter it improved but then tailed off again.

Well its done (the exhaust) and quite frankly I wish I had just paid the money and had Lotus do it. The Exige is an absolute F*^KER to work on (pardon my french!). I imagine it would have been easier if I had a manual and a helper but nevertheless the stage 3 is on and I have to say i’m impressed. Not as much drone as I thought and on tickover very “normal”. However the pop’s and bangs on changes certainly turn heads I will just wait and see now if it falls to bits like people say it will

Wheres the best place to get the TRD Airbox ??

Is there any actual gain ???

You get the air box from Lotur Motorsport, speak to Russel Gibbons. Fitting is a bit of a pain you need to jack up the car remove the rear wheel and arch liner. I had to re drill the base of the airbox to fit the bracket on the bulk head. not really sure of any actual gains but the noise is certainly better. Have a look Here at my quick write up I did.

Ade what part of the airbox did you have to block off? Going to do mine thursday and the thought at present is filling me with dread after the exhaust saga!

I have the TRD air box, high flow filter and upgraded exhaust on my ‘S’ - it is noticeably louder .

Pick up and throttle response also improve…

Has anyone measured the db with the “S” sports exhaust fitted at the appropriate rpm? When I say “appropriate”, I mean the rpm that’s checked at a trackday. I can’t remember what it is, its been that long since I’ve done one, but role on the 13th

Ade what part of the airbox did you have to block off? Going to do mine thursday and the thought at present is filling me with dread after the exhaust saga!

There is a valve underneath the old air box section which open on full throttle, this does not exist on the new one so you ave to block off the vacuum pipe that comes from from the valve which sits on top near the maf sensor, not difficult at all.
I just wish I had taken some pictures of it after I had drilled the new mounting holes, this would make it easier for other people doing the same thing.