Trailer purchase question

As title says.
I’m about to go the trailer route so is it to be Beaver tail which is narrower for towing and in the garage but has a bed height of 24ins or… A-Max style significally wider and more difficult to store but lower …
What are you guys using??:tsk

Clive, what you going to be using for pulling it ?

I seem to remember Mike Lane complaining about his Beaver tail set up and that is my experience, much less stable than the lower ( but wider) PRG or Brian James units.

If it was my money I would not be buying a beaver tail - you will also need extra long and heavy ramps to get up 24 inch

[quote=AndyD]my experience, much less stable than the lower ( but wider) PRG or Brian James units.

If it was my money I would not be buying a beaver tail - you will also need extra long and heavy ramps to get up 24 inch

[/quote]

agreed I’ve had a few trailers and I much prefer keeping the bed a low as possible. Much more stable IMHO although to get your exige on a brian James means you can’t get anything from their standard range through a single garage door.
A decent trailer is like money in the bank though. I bought a brian James minno years ago and sold it for a few hundred quid less than I paid and then bought a clubman from brian James for not much more.

Wanting garage friendly is going to really restrict your options.

I use the Brian James TT TB triple axle. Its a long trailer but to echo the lower the better I can cruise at 80mph on the motorway no problem.

I have towed with both types. In my opinion one major factor is the tow car. My Ranger Rover towed anything and you would hardly know it was there, even my current box trailer with full tools, compressors, generators etc.

On the other hand when I was towing with my Lotus Sunbeam the lower bed did feel more confident. I would never say that the over wheel trailer ever felt like it was going to cause a problem, just the lower bed box trailer just felt right.

Maybe the answer is to get the trailer dealer to put the Exige on both types for you to try?

Clive I have my old trailer for sale. It’s a BJ… with additional storage and tyre rack. Its parked in Long Stratton.

Mail me on [email protected]

if you would like to know more.

Matt