Trackdays - open pitlane or sessions?

Just wondering what most people prefer?

Personally I prefer, by a large margin, open pitlane trackdays as they are more relaxed and those that want to stay out for longer than 8 fast laps/15mins can or, like Uldis, stay out for 8 hours if he had enough fuel or his brakes didn’t fall apart.

Anyway, here’s a quick poll.

Would you pay an extra �50 for open pitlane if that was req’d to make it viable for the organiser?

Hmmm, clever!.. doesn’t let me vote twice

Looks like most prefer open pitlane. I do.

I have found that I probably do less laps on an open pitlane day.

I would add one thing and that’s that if it’s your 1st ever trackday a sessioned day is better.

I agree with Mark…

Also it really good if you’ve got a couple of passengers as you can come in and drop one off then pick up the next one and off you go again rather than waiting an hour in between IYSWIM.

I quite like my 2 sessions on a day deal with OnTrack!

I’m still waiting on dates for Silverstone for us all to enjoy. Hopefully I’ll get’em early Feb.

Ian

Couple of passengers??

Flashback from your Hot Hatch days?

LOL! My hot hatch days was a micra The first decent car I got was a MkII MR2 so 2 passengers only happened every now and then

At local circuits a couple of friends will normally come along and make their own way there and back… Bedford I’ve got a couple of mates coming along so will try to palm them off on other people but have to take them out here and there I guess

would the sessioned day please stand up please stand up please stand up… would the sessioned day please stand up please stand up please stand up,

althought i agree with Mark… on my first track day it would be better to be on with the novices… in gfact i still sign on with the novices for track day host who run sessions… is that right ??

ohhh did i me3ntiomn that my choice would be open pit lane… does anybody care ??

Don’t worry EmiRox, we all care .

And please STOP BOOKING YOURSELF IN NOVICES! Geez, ok, you really want to hear it?
You’re fast!, you belong in Experts even on a track you don’t know.

I’m thinking myself on starting booking into Experts as well

You guys haven’t been running as Experts???

Look how much fun your missing
[image]http://www.elise-s160.co.uk/images/Lotus/SELOC/BrandsGPsept03/DSC_6315_small.jpg[/image]

BTW - I was a bit lallooed last night…

exiges.com = refuge of the drunk and depraved.

Well, that’s 95% so far in favour of open pits so if that’s what we all prefer, how come there seem to be so few of these days around? 50 cars at Knockhill seem to work OK and it’s a fairly short circuit (1.3miles), as only about 15 cars are out at any one time.

Bookatrack are the favoured organisers here (and it’s the ones I’ve been on with down south) so how’s about a word from Johnny Leroux about the chances of more open pits, even if it means putting up prices 50 squid?

P.S. Rox, you should definitely not be in “Novices”. You’ve been travelling rapidly when I’ve seen you…at least when you’re actually on the tarmac.

Bookatrack are the favoured organisers here (and it’s the ones I’ve been on with down south) so how’s about a word from Johnny Leroux about the chances of more open pits, even if it means putting up prices 50 squid?

Take a look at this BAT Forum Thread = First Donington Day of 2004

BTW - I was a bit lallooed last night…

“did i me3ntiomn”

even if it means putting up prices 50 squid

Steady there!

Thanks for the link Rob - sounds promising if more open pits on the way.

Ian, ok, howsabout open pits and �50 reduction?

Seriously, I’d rather pay (and I’m a tight Jock!), for example, �225 and have 2.5/3hrs on track than �175 and about 90 mins. It’s a long way to travel for not so long on track.

I started a topic on the BAT forum last year complaining about the lack of open pit lane days.

Didn’t get much support. Where were you lot then?

Mark

Hey, we’ve got piccies!

Mark

I started a topic on the BAT forum last year complaining about the lack of open pit lane days.

Didn’t get much support. Where were you lot then?

Mark

Erm, dunno, you could have called us…