trackday

hi all, im doing a trackday with lotus on track at bedford on 28th Jan and have heard they are very strict on noise there. i have an S2 exige with stage 2 exhaust and pipercross induction and i believe the noise limit for that day is 101dB. i was wondering if anyone who has similar kit has experienced any problems at bedford?

Also if u are too loud what is the precedure? do they just stop you going on the track again?

Thanks in advance.

Ollie.

Ollie

you are usually tested on the way in and if you fail you will not get a sticker that allows the vehicle out on track. You then have as long as it takes you to modify the system and have a re-test.

By modifying the system, you can do anything from refitting a cat, change the whole back box or easiest if fit an silencer attachment to the tail pipe - there are various posts on here of the types available if you do a search.

It might sound like alot to do on the day, but LoT usually have Sinclaire’s in attendance to do any spannering. Having the parts is a different matter.

101dB sounds quite loud but you might like to test it beforehand with a meter to see whether you have a straight pass or need to consider fitting/swapping parts.

I think you will be lucky to get on track with the piper and stage 2. Your best bet will be to fit the standard exhaust

Herbie, you will be up around 105 db with that set up, if not more.

Good luck at Bedford

thanks for your replies.

the thing is ive done a few 98dB days (brands and snetterton) with the stage 2 and the piper and not had a problem. just heard bedford were a little stricter.

has anyone who has the same kit as me actually experienced the loudness problem at bedford?

i still have the orginal exhaust, does anyone know how difficult it is and how long it takes to swap them over?

many thanks.

i still have the orginal exhaust, does anyone know how difficult it is and how long it takes to swap them over?

a competent mechanic, with the right tools and a following wind, ie, none of the bolts are seized will do it in 1 to 1.5 hours…add additional time if you do it yourself and dont have the facilities, etc.