trackday insurance

Does anybody bother with trackday insurance these days?

I did for Llandow last week - still hurting too much to really talk about it…

I’m with direct line who dont do cover. The single day insurance seems expensive.

I don’t insure…

If it happens, it happens…

Im insured with AON and last year they added trackday insurance for �30 per trackday.Dont know what it will be this year.

Lotus Esteem provide trackday cover extension for 0.1% of the cars value (min �25) each day.

Ian

I’ve just spoken to Liverpool Victoria insurance, they include track use provided you are not being timed or racing. Quote was also reasonable at �750ish dependent upon the excess picked. There was more info on this on a Seloc thread.

He also said you should be driving carefully! —but of course sir.

Kerry

Ian,

can you expand?
I thought it was a fixed rate of �25 and that was it.
And do you know for how much is the track cover for?

Hmm, think I need to change from direct line. Suppose I’ll have to wait until the yea is up!

Just phoned Liverpool Victoria and they said they no longer do track cover! Eh!

Which is correct, they don’t offer additional trackday cover, because it is not excluded.

The guy I spoke to was pretty clear, that I would be covered on a trackday as long as I wasn’t part of a race or a timed session

I guess it depends on whether this is enough to give the confort you are looking for, but it has to be better than insurance which specifically excludes trackdays.

Kerry

Which is correct, they don’t offer additional trackday cover, because it is not excluded.

The guy I spoke to was pretty clear, that I would be covered on a trackday as long as I wasn’t part of a race or a timed session

I guess it depends on whether this is enough to give the confort you are looking for, but it has to be better than insurance which specifically excludes trackdays.

Kerry

Ahh cheers Kerry, that explains it. The girl I spoke to didn’t seem to know what a trackday was. The quote was �200 cheaper than direct line, think I might change.

Ian,

can you expand?
I thought it was a fixed rate of �25 and that was it.
And do you know for how much is the track cover for?

No it’s �25 per day. The cover is as per the road, the excess just goes up to 10% of the cars value.

Liverpool & Victoria sound interesting though.

Ian

Nice one, the quote from Liverpool Victoria is �915 and I phoned to triple check the track cover and its true. �500 excess as well which isn’t too bad I think. Gonna change next week for sure.

You may still have to tell them when and where you’re going. They may also have some tracks which they won’t cover.

It’s worth checking.

Ian

have you got the number or web page for liverpool victoria i would be greatful if you can pass it on