Track days in 2006?

Cant wait for 2006… so Im starting now to make some plans… I just cant find any track days that last more then 1 day … I know about the Silverstone driving school (4 days) , and I had desided to go there… until I realise I have to drive rh cars (no way)…

So isent there any driving schools/track days that last more then one day?..

http://www.scuderia-hanseat.de/Scuderia_Hanseat.htm

Did this a couple of years ago and will do it again - expensive but worth it, quite a few “Northern Europeans” were there …

Andy

there British website is under construction so what’s the deal on this?

Rox

Simply - You turn up on Wednesday and book in then if you want can do some basic training at the test track - its quite fun trying to avoid water jets when they move a plate under your wheels to simulate a skid You also get a free pass to the track but its still a public day …

Then Thursday / Friday and Saturday morning the track is closed ( including the grand prix circuit ) you have corner by corner training - so a section at a time, basically doing the corner one at a time and your given a de-brief on the line you took etc.

Thursday/Friday lunch time and evening there is 2 hours of free track time on a closed track then Saturday lunchtime. Saturday afternoon you have to do one complete circuit on your own ( no passanger allowed ) where they mark you for your lines.

Saturday evening there is a dinner and presentation.

1650 Euros … plus hotel plus crossing etc

I did something like 600 track miles last time - its expensive but the training is good if you want to know the 'ring … I’ve forgotten it all now

cheers Andy… sounds excellent (if pricey but prolly worth it)

do you get to use your own exige ?

It’s all in your own car.

Unfortunatly the attendees get a bad reputation due to very poor driving during the public open hours as they seem to think they are already on the course.

If you can get on it I’d recommend the BMW one as that has a Lotus group.

http://www.fahrerlehrgang.info/

Unfortunatly the attendees get a bad reputation due to very poor driving during the public open hours as they seem to think they are already on the course.

Er yes I can agree with that, having been on the grass with my collegue in his e-type

The BMW course looks good value … cheers Mark