Track day question - how many laps? (Exige S)

I know all tracks are different, but i’d like to get an idea of how many laps people do before they come in and let it all cool down.

I recently did Rockingham, which isn’t too hard on the car, and was tendign to do 4 laps before coming in. Car was still behaving properly, although I could smell either clutch or brakes!

I have the twin oil cooler model, so guess it’s more about how the brakes cope.

So how many would be roughly right wihtout hurting the car? I guess when you start getting fade!

Also the Nurburgring… I’ve done it in a DC5 Integra and was doing one lap at a time. Do most people just do one at a time in the Exige?

I know all tracks are different, but i’d like to get an idea of how many laps people do before they come in and let it all cool down.

Depends on track, track conditions and how you (the driver) feels.

For example, this Thursday sees me at Snetterton, a track I have done a fair few times.
From cold, I’d normally complete 2 laps at 50% building up to speed for a further 2 or 3 and cooling down for 1 or half a lap, normally about 15 minutes or so.

From warm, the first lap at 50%, 2nd say 75% and thereafter as hard as I can (!), session times for me no more than say 20-25 minutes.

For me, anything over 20 minutes does tire me a tad (old age) and anyway, the car deserves a break as well.

Said that, Oulton Park has it’s own set of rules as well (not to mention Spa, where you NEVER want to come in…)

I track my car twice a month, use it on road occasionally. Tbh no matter what the track I stay out for 20mins give or take, four or five sessions both am & pm adding up to about 200 miles plus, hammered! On standard brakes no problem, engine no problem, tyre’s no problem. I might get the MIL light on in between track days but usually a conflict interests on and off track. My point is?..it’ll just keep going, look after it in-between times and you can stay out quite a while…4 laps 10 15 at a time…it’s all good!

15-20 minute sessions are enough usually. Not the car that’s the problem more concentration levels of the driver (me!)

It depends on the track really though

I second that!