Track Day Insurance

Just informed by Tesco that the underwriters have withdrawn the track day cover on my policy(previously track days were covered as long as no timed laps/excess increased to �1000).Any suggestions re track day cover would be appreciated, as I’ve booked Cadwell for 19.8.04!Also, any advice re tyre pressures for Cadwell would be welcome…Did the short circuit last time-thursday is long circuit…(there are 20 places left thru book-a-track)Weather-possibility of rain-yikes!!!

Move to competition car insurance…

A competitive rate for me, and four free track days per year…

How much are we talking about for competition insurance?Are there any special requirements? Presumably this is in addition to usual road use cover…And which companies offer it?Thanks for the advice…

Marcus

The firm is called Competition Car Insurance, but they also do road cover…

My policy for next year is quoted on a 3000 and 5000 mile basis, but they do longer periods as well…

0115 941 5255

There are other firms with a good reputation as well, e.g. John Ormerod’s…

Don’t know the exact name or number, but as if by magic, someone will supply, no doubt!!

Proper race insurance is quite expensive, and the excesses tend to be pretty high as well…

Marcus, Liverpool Victoria policies include track cover as standard; I’ve found them competitive too

Just reinsured my Exige with Competition Car Insurance- excellent deal with the 4 free track days a year.Fully comp. road cover limited to 3 or 5000miles.Extra track days are �150 per day.Thanks for the advice.I was beginning to wobble with one day to go before Cadwell on thursday!!

�150 per day [whistles]!

The premium must have been very good.

Ian

We get four for nothing, and we don’t have to buy the extra days from them !!!

Got quoted �750 from Liverpool Victoria compared to �1100 with Direct Line. Do they definately cover trackdays?

Get clarification in writing!

I assume they rely on it not being timed or racing but if you bin it they may try claiming you were doing either of those things, especially if you hit somebody else.

The Esteem cover has a specific section in the policy.

Ian

The premium was half the tesco amount.It looks like the insurance companies are tightening up on track day cover probably because of their increased popularity and the (presumed) increase in number of claims…

Rooney, for the avoidance of any doubt, ask Liverpool Victoria to confirm track days’ cover in writing. That’s what I’ve done and they were happy to oblige.