Toyo R888 soft or medium hard compound?

Doh! yes! I remember now (disconnected neuron, hapens sometimes)
I eben made a comment of the mix of 888’s and 48’s.

Ian Forest wanted to drive my car around to see the cones I was complaining so much about. Turns out he though only the ones at the exit of Duffus were wrong.
Still, they didn’t do anything about it

His only comments were:

-all the other cones are perfect!
and
-cracking wee car!

Bought the R888’s in the end.

Soft of medium compound? What’s the treadwear rating (possibly on one side of the tyre’s sidewall)?

Ian

Doh! yes! I remember now (disconnected neuron, hapens sometimes)
I eben made a comment of the mix of 888’s and 48’s.

Ian Forest wanted to drive my car around to see the cones I was complaining so much about. Turns out he though only the ones at the exit of Duffus were wrong.
Still, they didn’t do anything about it

His only comments were:

-all the other cones are perfect!
and
-cracking wee car!

I dont think they had any corner right!

You couldnt hit the apex of any of them as the cones sat on the kerbs. All of them pushed you wide, especially the exit of Duffus and the approach to the chicane. Major own goal yet again by Knockhill, they did something similar at the same time last year with the ‘Sinbin’ what a vote winner that was

Was really happy with the handling of the car today but I couldnt really find the limits due to fear of wiping out some cones and my paintwork

Soft of medium compound? What’s the treadwear rating (possibly on one side of the tyre’s sidewall)?

Ian

Hopefully not the inside then

Medium, dont know the exact compound. Will find out.

Gripped better than the AO48’s anyway.

Ian

it is on the side wall, they are 100

Tony

Hey Guys, didnt enjoy the cones, in my opinion i thought they were all worng Ne ways, uldis, said hello to you a couple of times! ive got the black s2 exige. Hope you get the rattle sorted. Kenwood, glad your enjoying the R888s. We will see how they compare when i get my new boots in the start of march. Roll on MT!!

whats everyones opinion of the new layout and tarmac at KH ??

When I drove it (beginning of the month) the track was more than green it was brown! Basically anything not on line was covered in mud. Apart from that thought the new layout and surface ace! Love the extra speed of the first corner

When I drove it (beginning of the month) the track was more than green it was brown!

Its now got a lot more grip, its improved quite a bit from a couple of weeks ago. Wet grip is incredible though it seemed to suit the Exiges better as some of the Elise drivers thought it was pretty slippy.

Ian

Hopefully not the inside then

Then go round the other side of the car!

Soft or medium compound? What’s the treadwear rating (possibly on one side of the tyre’s sidewall)?

Ian

it is on the side wall, they are 100

Tony

Thanks Tony

100 does sound like quite a good compromise, assuming they do last a few 1000s miles more.

Kenny, you really think they grip better than the Yokos?!

Ian

Kenny, you really think they grip better than the Yokos?!

Ian

Too early to say, bear in mind I have only had the car a month. Ask me again in 6 months. Certainly had no complaints on track. The yokos on the front understeered badly while the R888’s were superb.