Toyo 888's

Just over 3,500 miles and the rears are nearly on the wear bars and the fronts aren’t far behind.

Has anybody tried the Toyo alternative to A048’s?

Mark

AFAIK the Toyos are not yet available in Exige sizes - supposed to be due in “Summer 2005”!

Surprised your fronts are also worn to the markers after 3500 miles. Most people get through 2 or 3 sets of rears to 1 set of fronts. Do you regularly check pressures ie 22-23psi front when cold?

Yes the 888’s are not out yet in S2 Exige sizes (more is the pity as mine is goin in for new rears tomorrow)

I know someone who runs them on his S1 Sport 160 and is very impressed with them.

Almost half the price of AO48’s as well

Yes the 888’s are not out yet in S2 Exige sizes

Aren’t Exige (S1&S2) tyre sizes all the same?

Almost half the price of AO48’s as well

Is that really true, I didn’t think there was much in it?

Ian

ive phoned around for rear 888’s
They are definitely not half the price.

My experience was they were either more expensive or sometimes maybe 10 pound a wheel cheaper

Not sure where you are looking then fellas.

Rob (who has them on his S160) paid just under �400 for a full set.

AO48’s will be at least �700 for a full set.

I cant see the Exige sizes being much (if any) more than the other sizes already out.

s2 a048 full set are more like 600 quid a set.
have just paid 310 fitted for the rears and fronts are definitely cheaper.

s1 wheel sizes are smaller than s2 so this could be another 100 pound difference for the full set

even on the black circles website

r888 235/45/17 are 170 fitted
as againt the ao48
225/45/17 which i got for 155 fitted

if you can get me r888 for near 77 pounds a tyre i will be happy

Just had a quote of �170 inc vat & fitting for the rears and �100 inc vat & fitting for the fronts, he had to ring up about the front cos the computer wasnt showing them but apparently they are now in stock. Still only 5mm though and dont know how soft they are? Does anybody know the hardness raiting on them??
Gav (on rear wear indicators!)

Gav

Those are the “RRP”, so basically they’re saying that fitting/balancing is free!

I believe that the treadwear indicator is 100, compared to T1-S which is 280.

The compound is officially “Medium Hard”.

Hmmmmm.

Just had a quote of �170 inc vat & fitting for the rears and �100 inc vat & fitting for the fronts, he had to ring up about the front cos the computer wasnt showing them but apparently they are now in stock. Still only 5mm though and dont know how soft they are? Does anybody know the hardness raiting on them??
Gav (on rear wear indicators!)

Gav was this for S2 sizes?

S1 front R888’s were due out any time now

T1-R’s are also Treadwear 280 for info…

Simon

Davey, yes thats for s2 sizes.
Gav

Bill in this case your beliefs are correct, had an email and the tread hardness is 100.
Gav

Thanks Gav

Will have to get my dealer to get some prices.

How does the compound compare to the LTS AO48’s? Anyone know?

the ao48’s are 60
gav

I like the hardness, may last a little longer and not lose too much grip. BUT they’re only a few quid cheaper than 48s. Did he quote you for a bulk buy?

Ian

ian, no i just rang my local dealer for availability, he recond that there are only four r888 dealers in the country!? sounds bull to me.
gav

AFAIK the Toyos are not yet available in Exige sizes - supposed to be due in “Summer 2005”!

Surprised your fronts are also worn to the markers after 3500 miles. Most people get through 2 or 3 sets of rears to 1 set of fronts. Do you regularly check pressures ie 22-23psi front when cold?

Run 28-29psi front and rear.

They wear evenly across the tread.

Try Horizon, they’re an official Toyo dealer and have a tyre fitting machine now too.