Tour Britannia

Thinking about watching this on Thursday 7th June in N Yorks.

Anyone else fancy a day out?

http://www.tourbritannia.com/

Thursday Road Book

http://www.tourbritannia.com/storage/2012%20Comp%20Roadbook%20Draft_v4.pdf

I seriously fancied doing the Targa Brittania section in the Exige. However that entry fee is about the same as 10 Exige track days so I’ll have to give it a miss.

It should be a brilliant event.

It’s a shame I missed the era of ‘tour of britain’ style events as I like the mix of circuit and rally. I’m sure uncle Pesky was around at that time to spectate :slight_smile:

I must have been, but I didn’t! :smiley:

OK, Tour of Britain fans, name these two…

To make it easy, the answer is here

1973 FILM and ENTRY LIST

Angela Lansbury & James Hunt.

He was a very important man in British motor sport over the last 40 years…

I’d love to have had an Exige day out but I’m working and don’t think I can get out of it at the mo.

That film clip is great, how much fun are they having! - plenty sideways. No wonder historic events are growing at a rapid rate.

She only improved with age then… :smiley:

Shame there was no sound…but looked great fun away. Where was it filmed? That bump just after the apex caught a few out.

Rob - I’m up for this - where abouts you going to watch?

Hi Steve

I was thinking about Masham or similar* convenient to park up/have a brew**. Drop me a pm with your phone number, please. Will be this evening before I can get to you though.

Cheers

• Leyburn/Middleham?

** Gravy, of course :smiley:

Spotted Robert Fearnall straight away. I claim my �5 prize!

Mike Stripe? :wink:

OK Steve, next time we meet I’ll give you a fiver. (note to self - avoid the NW for the foreseeable future)

Mike Stripe? :wink: [/quote]

Ian, that’s very kind (even if you are being sarcastic not everyone will know that I don’t deserve such praise :wink: ) but Robert’s contribution was lifelong and immense. Did you know, for example that it was him who got World Superbikes off the ground or that he provided free accommodation in the London flat (that he shared with Andrew Marriott (I think)) to any number of overseas up and coming drivers, among them Jody Schekter and other F1 stars. He also launched the career of Ron Haslam and arranged drives for no end of up and coming stars.

No, I’ve got a long way to go to catch up with him!

[quote=The83man]
Robert’s contribution was lifelong and immense. Did you know, for example that it was him who got World Superbikes off the ground or that he provided free accommodation in the London flat (that he shared with Andrew Marriott (I think)) to any number of overseas up and coming drivers, among them Jody Schekter and other F1 stars. [/quote]

Are you sayin he’s a poof then? :smiley:

Steve

How about watching 2 special stages at Raby Castle? Cars arrive there at 12.59 for 1 hour lunch stop, followed by the 2 SS in the castle grounds.

We could meet up there at say 11.15?

Mike Stripe? :wink: [/quote]

Ian, that’s very kind (even if you are being sarcastic not everyone will know that I don’t deserve such praise :wink: ) [/quote]

Perhaps just a little praise then :slight_smile:

Is that one of the Blues Brothers?