Too much body roll?

Is this rolling too much? My 135R seemed stiffer

[image]SELOC | Lotus Enthusiasts Club

Are you comparing like for like? I mean on the same corner??

The pic looks like a down hill off camber bend where max roll could be expected.

Does it feel softer than the 135R, a few journo’s complained the 135R suspension was a bit much on the road. Never heard that said about the standard S2 Exige though.

Tim.

1 Like

Same corner… camera slanted in the first pic, the corner is level

Perhaps the passenger is fatter

Only way to fix it is stiffer springs and maybe stiffer seting on the ARB. I am about to fit even stiffer springs than what I have on my Ohlins I am going to 450/500 spring rates (F/R)

Only way to fix it is stiffer springs and maybe stiffer seting on the ARB. I am about to fit even stiffer springs than what I have on my Ohlins I am going to 450/500 spring rates (F/R)

For reference what are the standard spring rates?

A lot softer than the ones I have

Thats helpful…

I also find the std car too soft, i am thinking of stiffer springs. I wanted to get a feeling for how much stiffer than std you are going.

Another point is on the S there is approx 40/50 kg more weight in the rear than the std car but as far as i know the springs are the same. Your car also has more weight in the rear than before (since the SC was fitted) and i was wondering if your new spring combination was also to take this into account.

Does anybody know the std spring rates?

Actually the car now has more weight at the front than before due to the extra radiator I have only gained 25kgs through

240R runs 325/425

Actually the car now has more weight at the front than before due to the extra radiator I have only gained 25kgs through

I thought the bemani installation was i little heavier than the Lotus one due to the extra water system. So the radiator at the front weighs more than the supercharger in the engine bay? I find that hard to believe, have you corner weighted the car?..are you sure?

The reason i ask is if the 240 car runs 100lb difference front to rear, what made you decide to stiffen the front or soften the rear depending how you look at it, I realise both the front and rear will be stiffer than before but proportionally you have effectively softened the rear…which seems the opposite of what my car feels like it needs. Like i said before the std car and the S have the same springs (i believe) which means the rear of the S is effectively under sprung.

I was talking about the weight - you asked if there was 40kg more weight at the rear the answer is it is spread over the whole car and you are not going to change spring rates for 25kg

Plans opted for the original spring rates to only be 50lbs between front and back due to I guess the hard-wear i have (LSD, 46mm Ohlins etc.)
It has taken me a while to perfect the wet and dry settings on the car I may get 25lb less on the front that may allow me to run slightly stiffer front ARB.
Will see how I go

Here is a pic at mine at full roll
[image]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/jamieall/REdExige.jpg[/image]

Nice pic

Thats with what spring rates? And if i understand correctly you plan to go stiffer than shown in that pic, to 450/500 front/rear?

I would guess that my current spring rates, the ones in the picture are close to the 240R spring rates I quoted earlier in the thread. I am going to change the fronts so there is 75lbs difference between front and back. (I have to run quite soft ARB settings and adjust understeer out using less bump at the front with 50lbs difference). The current set-up is very fast in the wet but there are gains to be had in the dry without loosing wet handling.
Just to confirm
In the picture I have rates around 375/425
I am going to have rates of 425/500
The car goes in today

Thanks, look forward to hear how it is afterwards.

240R runs 325/425

Jamie,

Get the Cup 240 Ohlin springs from Lotus Sport – 458/571 lbs – works great, especially with slicks.

The original spec sheet for the Cup 240 (at least the US model) was in error when they listed the spring rates at 325/425 for the Ohlin setup.

Well the beast is back and running well. Competed in a sprint today which was great fun. The spring rates are a good level now cornering really well. See vid
Just got sent the wrong tyres which had a to bigger profile at the front which is why it looks a bit odd ride hieght wise

Jamie

says I aint priveleged enough to view this video

Have changed the link, its now viewable