Toko 039 alternatives?

Need a new set of 039’s or equivalent.
Anybody tried Toyo Proxies?

I put a set of T1Rs on before December. They seem fine to me. I am on a Walshy day next week so will be interesting to see how much worse they are than A048s.

Need a new set of 039’s or equivalent.
Anybody tried Toyo Proxies?

Have you retired from trackdays, old boy? If not, stick some Toyo 888s on, & stop being a pikey!

I’ve used Toyo Proxie T1-Rs on a few cars.

They’re a good if slightly soft compound, a few people complain they move on the tread blocks when new, and they certainly get better with wear. For road tyres, i’ve always been very impressed with the wet grip. On track the softness of the compound is a weakness and a trackday will melt them.

I have a mate use them for hill climbs and they were very well regarded, but again it was for short runs so the soft grip was useful, and there wasn’t enough heat put into them to damage them. They tended to shave them down too.

I’d definately use them as a road tyre for my exige.

ROB …ME Retire? I may be Retarded but I’ll never retire from my addictive obsession with racing cars.
I’ll get some 888’s and Try to keep up with you
These??
[image]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c165/cliveagyoung/F5000tyres-1.jpg[/image]

I’ll get some 888’s

I entirely agree that you’re much too youthful to even think about retiring from tracking your lovely S1 I’m sure that you’ll get on well with the 888s - I got mine from Camskills

I’ll get some 888’s

I entirely agree that you’re much too youthful to even think about retiring from tracking your lovely S1 I’m sure that you’ll get on well with the 888s - I got mine from Camskills

Me too, on Pesky’s recommendation. Ordered them in the afternoon, and they arrived the next morning - all the way from Cumbria

Great service.

I’ve lost the plot… is this thread now progressed to saying 888’s are a like for like / viable alternative for the AV039’s

I thought they were chalk’n’cheese, my A039’s are nothing like 888’s

… is this thread now progressed to saying > 888’s are a like for like / viable alternative for the AV039’s >

Nah, the 888s are the equivalent of the 48s.

Mr Bean uses his car mainly on track, so he should use the right tyres for job

where do you get the tyres fitted then if you have them delivered? None of the places will fit them to my speedlines cos there mag and if they damaged them etc etc, not even nick whale will supply and fit. Last time i had to send the wheels to plans which is a pain in the arse.

Chris, I get mine fitted locally, by Phoenix Motorsport. Suggest you ask Martin where he gets his done - have you tried BMR in Birmingham?

not heard of them, ill ask martin as my new speedlines are here in 2 weeks so will need somewhere to get tryes fitted but a trip down to plans again is a bit far just for that.

Chris
I can use several Independant tyre fitters for my jobs never had a problem Costs between �8/10 fit and balance.
Kwok Fot wont do it though.

ive went round a few places last time but they wouldn’t fit them. They will do supply and fit but they cant supply a048 lts tyres which is what i want so is no good, as said even the lotus dealer wouldn’t do it. I might ask again you never no i might get through to someone else and they might agree. Thats my main problem with plans its nearly �100 to fit the tyres which is way over the top.

Chris, We get our tyres sorted here,

www.fowkesauto.com

Really good and never had any problems, Will do the mags too.

See Jeff and tell him Martin and Steve Edwards sent you.

Steve.

Chris - do you know Chemix in Halesowen ?

They will fit and balance correctly - they did my Speedlines a few times

Yes Chemix are very good, although a little pricey IMO. I can see it costing you �40 to get them fitted including valve and balance. If you come off the M5 at Juction 3 and head towards my place. Just after you have gone straight over the island at the bottom of Mucklows hill they are on the right, up a bit of a hill.

Sean…

cheers guys ill give both a call so hopefully get them sorted. ive been waiting about 6 months again for my speedlines but they said they will be here on the 21st which is good.

Fingers crossed they are air tight mate!!!