To be Frank

Well I’m not sure whether I’m able to post this on here or not as it’s not an S1 Exige, I like to think of it as an Exise and it’s been christened Frank due to it’s slightly unusual parts bin pedigree.

Always wanted an S1 Exige and like many, missed the opportunity for one reason or another when they were at that lovely affordable �16k price some years ago.

I had thoughts of putting a motorsport body on my Honda’d S1 Elise, but could never justify the �6K or so price for the conversion.

After about 15 sensible Months in a Europa S and finding myself having the Lotus as a weekend toy for the first time in 5 1/2 years of ownership I decided I wanted another Honda’d Elise.

As luck would have it, I was offered one as PX form the Europa and jumped at the chance.

So I have ended up with Dr Frankenstein’s (AKA Billy, Eliseparts and MSC) creation.

2000 S1 Elise

Motorsport front clam

Carbon Fibre convertible motorsport rear clam

S2 Exige Cup 260 wheels

Quantum shocks

and a MSC installed n/a Honda K20a

Clearly a marmite car, but I love it.

Say Hi to Frank - now do I have to run and get my coat or can I stay and play?

Put a hardtop on it, & we’ll think about it! :smiley: :smiley:

I’ll consider it, never been a particular fan of convertibles :slight_smile:

Ello matey.

Car is looking good. How are you getting on with the Quantums?

They don’t seem bad on the road, not as compliant as the Nitrons were on the Europa, I haven’t had a chance to fiddle with them yet though. Will see what they are like on track in a couple of weeks.

It’s not the body work you’ve got to worry about…it’s the mismatching number plates! Clearly it’s a cut and shut job…:wink:

ROFLMAO :smiley:

The title of this thread is VERY misleading …