Thruxton

I understand there is some mid-engined racing at Thruxton this Sunday, I have looked on the web site but there is no mention of it.If some racing is taking place, is anybody from the forum racing? Or going to spectate?
Simon

Yep, the next round of the Mid Engined Race Car Series is at Thruxton this Sunday afternoon.

RussT is racing (with myself & the EdwardsBoyz to support him), but I’m not sure if MarkD & Matt Cummings are also competing in this round - hopefully they are, so Mike Lane & Maggsy should also be there.

Unfortunately, the number of entries for this particular round is lower than usual, but the interesting thing is that the race will be “mixed” ie between sportscars & saloons

The other unfortunate thing is that the race is scheduled to be the last of the 9 for the day! It’s a bloody long way for us to be travelling back Oop North, late on Sunday evening - but at least the roads should be relatively quiet as the final of Euro 2004 will be on the telly!

Would be great to see you & IDG (& AndyD?) on Sunday

and for once even Tone is tempted to brave it!

any ideas of time???

Tone

We’ll be there from 9ish. I think the races start at 2pm, & are usually 15mins each.

Look forward to seeing you too.

Sorry … am stuck in mainland Europe … again …when is the next one that Russ is doing ?

I spoke to Thruxton yesterday - they (after a little confusion) confirmed what Mr Pesky said - racing starts from 2pm, entry is �10

Unfortunate that its scheduled to run last…

Hope to meet some of you there…

Warren

I’m planning on being there!

I’ll try and aim to be there for the racing but on the coming home bit what’s your guess at the time the racing will finish?

Also, when you practicing/qualifying Russ?

Ian

Ian

Firstly, hope you & family had a great break in the New Forest - apologies for telephoning you!

I can’t remember what time practice is (I haven’t (but Russ has it) seen the official paperwork yet!), but there is a “Church Break” in proceedings between 10am & 11am - honest!

It’s really up to you (& your missus!!!) what time you arrive, but as mentioned earlier, the actual races start at 2pm.

We’re setting off from here at about 1pm tomorrow, & spending Saturday night in downtown Nether Wallop

CU on Sunday

Firstly, hope you & family had a great break in the New Forest - apologies for telephoning you!

PLEASE, don’t apologise! What with our Citroen Picasso, your call was the closest I’d got to motoring excitement all week (that was until I found the Ferrari/Mazza/Lambo dealer in Lyndhurst The salesman wouldn’t believe an Exige was quicker than a 360 - tsch! ). It was nice to hear from you and yes we had a great time.

The locals have made Thruxton REALLY bad on noise! The normal limit is 89dB!!! The ‘Church’ break is typical! I think I’d actually enjoy to hear cars in the background to a sermon.

Anyway, my guess is it’ll come to an end about 7pm. I’ll probably get to you about 2pm, having put the chap down for a little nap and had some lunch.

Ian