Throttle stuck full on

Yes!!!

Deffo worth doing, very cheap, loads better pedal feel, from high quality cable. Loads of people have done it and everyone loves it.

Sean…

I’ve just had my throttle cable replaced with the s2 cable at JSR. It is a much better feel to the pedal now.

Sean & Chris

thanks for the answers.

Is all the benefit in just having the cable changed or is there some changing out of the brackets/hardware under the dash and in the engine bay?

Yeah there is some S2 bracketry under the dash that that is required

I just bought all the S2 parts for my S1 … think it was about 100 quid total

We’re about to have the pedal mount part remade locally.

They used to be about a fiver, but last time they were more than �30!!! Watch this space.

[quote=JDS]We’re about to have the pedal mount part remade locally.

They used to be about a fiver, but last time they were more than �30!!! Watch this space. [/quote]

:frowning: if only I’d known … 30 quid is a bout right … the cable is still 54 quid

Count me in for this this mod John.

They used to be about a fiver, but last time they were more than �30!!! Watch this space. [/quote]

For added confusion, there are two cables that fit the later S2 stlye pedals mounts. Plus you can mount the thingy in a number of positions on the pedal.

One for a K series and one for a Toyota engine. One is 54 from memory and one is 30 odd. Haven’t got the dimensions to hand, but from memory, the one has a longer inner.

What other parts are reqd apart from the cable?

Cable mount and a return spring for the pedal.

You also need to move your bonnet release handle, as the new bracket mounts on where this usually is.

Is that a simple case of shuffling it along further to the left or does it go somewhere completely different?

On mine the bonnet release was left in the original position - its a bit of a pain to get your fingers into, but still operates - just!

Either, to be honest. You can move to the passenger side like a LHD drive car, or pull down a little and resite on the drivers side.

It all gets a little tight in there as the first part of the bonnet pull has a steel guide over it so not very flexable

Are these parts available yet?

yes i believe they are. give John a call.

Sat on my desk as we speak.

How many do you want??? :wink:

[quote=JDS]Sat on my desk as we speak.

[/quote]

Use a chair like a normal person!

Will ring you later on.

Interested in having this fitted. Wondered what you had changed on the original Lotus kit or just patterned them?

My only concern is over how far down the pedal the bracket has to be mounted to get full travel; and whether this then starts to catch on your toes.

The orignal is mounted quite high up: