this seems a good buy

2004 exige in yellow, sports tourer, 8300 mile and a few extras. for sale on piston heads for 23,500.

if was buying soon i would have it.

phil

Is there a link???

This one

Yellow

Or

Graphite Grey

Dam there getting cheap

Yellow one is known to me, Russ & the Edwards Boyz. It is immaculate - Jim also owns(ed) a fab 340R too, & he had both cars for pleasure. I believe he is building a “posh” GT40 replica, which I can’t wait to see

Really not sure about that alcantara on the centre console of the yellow one. Perhaps it looks better in the flesh.
Always thought that having it colour coded was the best option on a yellow car.

Always thought that having it colour coded was the best option on a yellow car.

What yellow alcantara

What yellow alcantara

What yellow alcantara

is that with or without tassles?

What yellow alcantara

is that with or without tassles?

LOL

Morning, I just thought I’d come and say hello. I put down a deposit against the graphite grey car mentioned above and am just waiting to get the money for my Caterham to pay the balance. I should be able to get the car in the next week or two and I cant wait to start playing with it.

Damn fine decision and welcome to the forum Bob.

What made you go for an S2 over an S1?

Welcome Bob!

Get signed up for Donnington on the 29th April and come and meet lots of us.

Ian

S2 vs S1 - I’m just a snob… not really.

My Caterham has basically the same VHPD engine as the S1 although I’d spent thousands on it fitting barrel throttles, bespoke ECU, dry sump I always had it in bits upgrading it. I’ve only had it running in a state I was happy with for the last six months (since I got to know a chap called Steve Greenauld at a rolling road in Rainham) and now its working it just scares the cr@p out of me. I was doing 0-100 in under 10 seconds and never spent more than a couple of seconds in each gear - it was just a total adrenaline rush but as a consequence it was less and less fun to drive , just too electrifying. Then a few weeks ago I put the windscreen back on, fitted a heater and found it much more liveable but still not that conveinient for a family man to use very often, and its that point at which I realised a car with seats/roof and doors was the future…

The S1 vs S2 decision is a bit psychological I suppose.

The only downside with the S2 is that I’ve just plotted the dyno curves off bemanis website against my last RR results and realsied the Yota lump is quiet a lot down on midrange grunt compared to the K series… we’ll have to do something about that…NO!!!

On the other hand lets just learn to drive the car and have fun.

Donny! Craner curves? First track in a new (to me) car…

Hmmm, I’ll pass this time. I’d prefer to do an airfield day or perhaps I’ll drop into Silverstone on the way home if they still do those track evenings?

I will be on track soon, I just need to gain some confidence in the car. I may pop up to D on the 29th and blag a ride or two? See how its done?

Craner Curves isn’t as scary as you might think unless you’re flat out

Is there any other way?

Craner Curves isn’t as scary as you might think unless you’re flat out

Or you’re being driven round by a gorgeous but rather fast goth girl