THE VIEW THE EVO DRIVER SAW ON THURS 15TH DOWN A1

yes why quite a few which model do u refer to?

None in particular, just your attitude is very much inkeeping with Impreza owners who see the road as a racetrack. Save it for the track, m’kay.

and… save what!!

I used to race an EVO 5 RS,pushing out around 330BHP on race suspension with Dunlop D01J rubber and many other mods.it was very very qick.I now have an S1 Exige with around 190BHP,pretty much full spec race(just road legal) and can get around Croft and oulton around 2 seconds quicker.This i put down to MUCH higher cornering speed due to lightweight and downforce.
Both cars are brilliant but the Exige definately needs more focus to drive fast and doesn`t forgive a mistake without a fight!but still the best 2 cars i have ever owned next to Integra Type R

it was martin brundle driving.
surely the evo is a half decent track car and is not as bad as people suggest around bends

evo 340 did 51.45
exige s2 51.68
111r 52.24

The EVO is a totally fantastic track car,and very very capable.I took the V RS to Oulton with my girl as passenger.We spent most of the day there and nothing came past us.I was amazed as were many locaterums,Porkers and Ferrari drivers.but there wasnt any Exiges,nor Elises !! but we did have semi slicks where others didnt and that in the dry means a lot

Yes Yes Yes all well a good EVO and scooby are very fast, driven a few in my time blah.blah.blah…but I have one thing to add…the lastest ones are are just butt ugly.

it was martin brundle driving.
surely the evo is a half decent track car and is not as bad as people suggest around bends

evo 340 did 51.45
exige s2 51.68
111r 52.24

Ah, S2 Exige. Due to its extra weight, 190bhp really isn’t enough for that to be v.quick, so not overly surprised it was close (I, and being no Brundle, believe I have lapped quicker in my S1). Although most people could get more out of an S2 straight away and some have claimed they’re more fun (which is surely the point!).

Ian

Ah… S2 Exige… which isn’t really an Exige is it ?

What?? Y’mean even less an Exige than a re-bodied S1 Elise thats trying to look like the real thing …

…runs for cover

Tim.

What?? Y’mean even less an Exige than a re-bodied S1 Elise thats trying to look like the real thing

Yep

The only real S2 Exige is this:

[image]http://www.autocar.co.uk/Car/Lotus/Exige/1912551116441.jpg[/image]

That is a very lovely thing!

That is a very lovely thing!

Not sure if this piccie has been posted before (Courtesy of Steve White @ ATL)

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Exiges/ExigeGT3.jpg[/image]

And that’s the very thing we were hoping Lotus to come up with when the S2 was launched

Oooohhhh!!!

I’ll unsubscribe then… Where’s the proper S2 BBS?

Nico

Most Evo�s will piss all over an Exige. In a straight line drag, and probably on a track with two novice drivers, the evo would be ten times easier to drive and disappear in to the horizon on the straights with all that power they have.

The German carprogram on DSF also do tracktests. Here are the results:

1. Lotus Exige S2 - 18.89
  2. Mitsubishi Evo VII - 18,92
  3. BMW M3 CSL - 18,94
  • RED-Lotus Elise - 19,23 SPEZIAL
  1. Wiesmann MF 3 SMG - 19,28
  2. Mitsubishi Evo VI - 19,35
  3. Audi TT Quattro Sport - 19,42
  4. Porsche 911 GT 3 2003 - 19,49
  5. Audi RS4 - 19,58
  6. BMW Z4 3.0i - 19,60
  7. Porsche 911 GT 3 - 19,61

Might give you an idea how well the S2 performs

Using the link below you can view the Exige lap. Don’t know what to think about the driving skills… It’s pretty wild.(best is that you download and then play. Somehow it won’t play on-line)
http://www.lotus-haese.de/Bilder/mv115-tracktest_wmt_adsl.asf

Regards,

Nico

Interesting circuit - looks really bumpy over that crest and the driver is certainly chucking it around.

Please don’t take it personally, we’re just having fun. The S2 is a fine and fast car, but different to the S1.

Intereesting in those numbers that the GT3 is so slow.

Ian

Intereesting in those numbers that the GT3 is so slow.

Ian

After watching the video, I didn’t think that could be called a proper “track test” - more like a go-kart circuit, entertaining yes, real world value, no

Happy birthday Ian!

fills in date of birth in profile, so a cake with candles appears next to my name next birthday