The truth about upgrades...

So, before the other half spends all our money on a new kitchen etc - are the 46mm worth the extra over these? If so, do I need to specify anything specific (spring rates, valving etc)?

I would say yes they are fine. The 46mm ones are better, but, a re-valved and sprung set of 36’s is better than anything on the market apart from the 46mm Ohlins in my opinion. Give John at JSR a call regarding springs and valving, he will always help.

Thanks Sean. I’ll make some enquires tomorrow - hopefully Santa can place them under the tree in time…

[quote=jfk]With standard ic there Is a noticeable lag between gear changes.
With the forge it disappears.
This phenomenon is explained very well on one of the American forums.

I’m not asking for anyone’s agreement just sharing what I’ve found to 'work ’
And I wouldn’t describe the difference as subtle either !

…you pays your money etc…
Regards [/quote]

You pays your money and are now trying to convince yourself it wasn’t a waste even though tests proved it was??

was that how you were going to finish your sentance? :wink:

Porkie
I didn’t actually pay a penny for it …
:wink:
Looks like you’re suggesting that every updated ic owner has been duped ?

The difference was very very noticeable FACT.
Suggest we agree to disagree !

[quote=jfk]Porkie
I didn’t actually pay a penny for it …
:wink:
Looks like you’re suggesting that every updated ic owner has been duped ?

The difference was very very noticeable FACT.
Suggest we agree to disagree !
[/quote]

You stole it? :astonished:

[quote=Porkie][quote=jfk]With standard ic there Is a noticeable lag between gear changes.

Regards [/quote]
You pays your money and are now trying to convince yourself it wasn’t a waste even though tests proved it was??

[/quote]
A noticeable difference with my intercooler also , real world & dyno at EA , mostly from a better charge flow for better throttle response , I can’t explain the test IAT results on that day but I think 661 has well over 300hp in his track weapon Exige now with the same intercooler as me and I’m not sure that would be achievable with the standard IC , I’m also running about 280hp with no problem with it . Let’s not make this another Intercooler thread , don’t think I could take that again lol . :slight_smile:

I feel there is always the bum dyno feeling when something is better, as Sean’s testing related to intake temps and ability to remove heat then it would not be overly telling on if the car felt better or not.
Anyway why do I care I have a charge cooler anyway, which as we all know is better :whistle: :wink:

I have to say, without getting into a battle, the figures in our tests spoke for themselves and my ‘bum’ dyno felt zero difference.

Maybe your bum needs a reboot !
Too many baltis :wink:
Bout time we all visited Lye again soon ?

We,ll probably be fed up of turkey by the 27th

I am always up for a curry!!

Like I say just my personal experience , my & 661s and a guy that races in France hp figures also say something. , there could be more to it than just IATs - who knows ! The only thing stoping me having over 300hp is the gearbox & fueling now and I shall have that sorted next year , I would say that’s a result without a heavy water system :wink:

[quote=moomin][quote=Porkie][quote=jfk]With standard ic there Is a noticeable lag between gear changes.

Regards [/quote]

[/quote]
A noticeable difference with my intercooler also , real world & dyno at EA , mostly from a better charge flow for better throttle response , I can’t explain the test IAT results on that day but I think 661 has well over 300hp in his track weapon Exige now with the same intercooler as me and I’m not sure that would be achievable with the standard IC , I’m also running about 280hp with no problem with it . Let’s not make this another Intercooler thread , don’t think I could take that again lol . :slight_smile: [/quote]

I’m with these boys, the car felt better and even Steph spotted it felt quicker and I had not told her I had spent any money for obvious reasons.

The minds a powerful thing! Obviously we have all heard of the Placebo effect… but I had never witnessed it before university. I did a sports science degree and my dissertation was on the Effects of alcohol on muscular strength.

All the tests had to be double blind so that the subjects didn’t know if they were under the effects of alcohol or not so it couldn’t affect the results… so we had to have them all in on 5 different days and give them all 5 different amounts of alcohol… they didnt know what days they were getting what dose and what day they were getting zero alcohol…

The amount of participants that said they felt massively pissed when in fact they had zero alcohol was amazing!!! I remember one big drinking Rugby player mate of mind acting like a total knobhead thinking he was totally drunk during one of the tests. He was in fact… stone cold sober!

Even when they were drunk though… none of them were as loud and shouty as SeanB is when he is sober :wink:

Sorry mate… but as an OZ I have Nooo f…ing concept about how you cannot know if you are pissed!!!

Mmmm, imagine this eh…

'Morning World… I have just had 3 cups of tea and 5 coffees after 12 hours of great sleep and have just devoured a great breakfast…

…and I feel totally ratarsed!!!’ :crazy:

I always knew Brits had a low tolerance for beer!!! :smiley:

I went to every England game in the 2007 Rugby world cup… LOTS of people acting and thinking they were pissed there as well. Stadiums were ONLY serving non alcholic beer!

[quote=pete757]Sorry mate… but as an OZ I have Nooo f…ing concept about anything
Mmmm, imagine this eh…

'Morning World… I have just had 3 cups of Gin and 5 cans of xxxx then after 1 hour of great laying around and have just devoured a great big bottle of wine…

…and I feel totally sobber!!’ :crazy:

I always knew Brits had a low tolerance for beer!!! :smiley: [/quote]

Fixed that for you Pete

Correct! :smiley:

Porkie … you should have given em shrooms instead ,then you would have been in no doubt which one’s were faking it !
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Didn’t they know they wasn’t buying real beer at the rugby & why & could they of been off there tits before the game ?
Is there such a thing as reverse placebo ?
Oh and Pint of shrooms for me , same again JFK ?