The start of lots of questions

Right - new car sorted :confused:

question no 1 - where’s/whose the best for armoufending ?
question no 2 - where’s/whose the best for track geo’s ?
question no 3 - whose running what settings on their 2 way Ohlins ? - bump/rebound settings etc

I have searched the site but most of the answers are a bit old !!! :tired:

Answers to any or all welcome :slight_smile:

Chris
I’ve been given settings by the company that serviced my Ohlins and I’ve found them spot on so far (on the road and ring), I’ll dig them out later.

Mike

Mr Fox can assist you with the setting for the ohlins, he has a list for lots of tracks :wink:

Check out the section in seloc wiki :wink:

I’ll have to scan it Chris and send it over, not too disimilar to the Seloc wiki tbh.

Oh and Set up you should start using JSR as they are as much on my door step as yours…END OF :wink:

[quote=chrisexigegt]
question no 3 - whose running what settings on their 2 way Ohlins ? - bump/rebound settings etc

I have searched the site but most of the answers are a bit old !!! :tired:

Answers to any or all welcome :slight_smile: [/quote]

I have the lotus sport road/track settings plus their guidance on what to adjust depending on the symptoms. I can send you a set if you want? PM your address & I’ll send them on :slight_smile:

I’ll have to scan it Chris and send it over, not too disimilar to the Seloc wiki tbh.

Oh and Set up you should start using JSR as they are as much on my door step as yours…END OF :wink:
[/quote]

Thanks Jonny, happy to help on Geo and Ohlins settings, plus re-valving and re-springing etc.

I used ‘ArmourGuard’ in Daventry… they use ‘Ventureshield’ which is very good and will not yellow… important on your car! :slight_smile:

Whilst you are there you can have Steve G do your Geo!!

One trip, two tasks sorted!

Simples! :slight_smile:

dont mean to hijack the thread but how much is amourfend or ventureshield? id prob just want to get the front clam done. cheers

[quote=pete757]I used ‘ArmourGuard’ in Daventry… they use ‘Ventureshield’ which is very good and will not yellow… important on your car! :slight_smile:

Whilst you are there you can have Steve G do your Geo!!

One trip, two tasks sorted!

Simples! :slight_smile: [/quote]

Thanks - do you have any contact details etc or web links ? TA

[/quote]

Thanks Jonny, happy to help on Geo and Ohlins settings, plus re-valving and re-springing etc. [/quote]

Found the under construction website - nice picy !!!

Could you PM me with costs for geo and timescales for booking in etc. Not sure about spring rates etc but happy to be guided
Thanks

[quote=chrisexigegt][quote=pete757]
Thanks - do you have any contact details etc or web links ? TA [/quote]

http://www.venture-shield.co.uk/

and

http://www.guglielmimotorsport.co.uk/

Please say that ‘Pete the pilot’ recommended them both! :slight_smile:

You will not be let down by either! :sunglasses:

Cheers,

Pete.

P.S Pax ride at Donny please!

TA !!!

Chris
These are the settings given to me by Aurok Ltd who are Ohlins agents.

Front Bump 10, Rebound 14
Rear Bump 14, Rebound 16

Clicks from fully wound in.

Rebound on shox.
Bump on canister.

I ran the settings given with the info supplied by Lotus for installing the Ohlins shoxs and had an issue with the rear end losing traction mid corner, with these new setting it seems to have cleared up.

Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for these - are these road or track settings ?

Although losing rear end mid corner might be a clue !!! :smiley:

Thanks

To be quite honest they never said but i was talking to them about track use so i presumed they were track settings.
But they are softer settings than any others i have seen for track or road by quite some margin.

They work on track and they are not too harsh on the road. Sorted.

Mike

I will get John to send you a PM.

Holy cow that is a soft set up Mike! I’m fairly sure without looking that’s the 240R track set up as per Lotus service manual. Not bad for OP but you’d need to go a lot harder for Donny and such like.

That’s just in my crappy opinion having tried a few now…I’m no expert :blush:

That’s what i thought Jonny but it seems to work although i’ve not been on a track yet, only the ring, so we shall see when at Donny.

You have a pm mate.