The next project begins!! not Exige

So on Thursday last week I collected the start of the next project.
Originally sold in 1965 and eligible for FIA duty when complete.
This complete body is less than 50kgs inc doors etc

Not the cheapest project to build but should be great fun…

Nice elan…this looks good Dave…keep us posted.
Mine’s coming on slowly.

Thanks Dave, Not just an Elan… notice the different headlight shape and the way that the front bumper finishes short of the wheel arch?
Don’t have a 26R chassis number but this will be a full on copy of a 26R to full GTS FIA spec

Well done Dave, another epic build thread begins… :thumbup:

As the old saying goes…

of the original 97 26R’s built it is understood that some 200 or so are still in existence :laughing:

I look forward to reading the build thread :slight_smile:

Only by people who don’t know!! :laughing:
97 Genuine 26R cars with a 26R chassis number
The rest are type 26 cars (Elan S1 or S2) built to GTS spec ie similar spec (possibly better) as a full on 26R

I’ve been on the look out for a S2 FHC for donkeys, even just a log book and plate. Where did you dig it up from?
Is the shell a Boss Motors one?

Graeme
I looked at a boss motors shell and bought from TTR, more money but having looked at them all it was a case of ‘you pays yer money and makes yer choice’(Very easy choice in the end quality wise)
I believe I have the very best that is available for the job it will do - period.
Had the remnants and identity for years, waiting for the right time to start but decided the right time might never arrive, so its one of my bucket list things I want to do.
Go look with finding a FHC S2, as far as I know they where all DHC?
Cheers
Dave

Love Elans. I’m scared to drive one though, as I know I will want one even more than i do already.

Sean’s got a craving for a tatty old Elan…

No no no no no no no no no. Whenever I see a post from Sean I go into rhyme-mode :crazy:

haha I’m the same with you.

I’m sharing your excitement. Make sure you keep us posted.
I thought they did some FHCs , but stand corrected. Confused as the S2 26r s didn’t appear to have a hard top stuck on them