The future, this site and skimlinks

Exactly.

I will take no charge to keep the site running.

So… anyone up for maybe a £20 donation to gain ‘club supporter’ status (if that’s possible? Is that enough?). That way we’d be quite likely to pay for the software and already have some money in the kitty ready for the ongoing support?

I’d be happy to donate that much and top it up in the future as needed. Anyone else? Any other ideas?

Andy does a great job on here and I’m sure we all want him to have the funding he needs to keep the site going smoothly for us all :slight_smile:

No issues here

Happy to contribute here

Yep :+1:

So first year is $215 total (about £160) then $55 (£40) per year thereafter?

Spot on again

So 10 of us all bung in £16 each = first year sorted.

Yep, I’m in!

i’d be happy to make a donation to keep site alive and easy to use.

Just a thought, it sounds like we can support the upgrade between us (probably) but back to the original question… are there any downsides to implementing skimlinks too? Make it less of a conscious effort for people, but maybe pickup the odd passive benefit if somebody links to an item somewhere on Amazon or whatever? If there’s no downside to the end user, isn’t it a no brainer?

Agree with you there Fonzey. It’s a passive non invasive income stream. It generates around £80/quarter on the other site I run.

I think my only reservation is I don’t know how often I’d personally post a ‘skim link’ (being honest with myself) and I’m happy to just commit to funding a thing I get value from. But I could easily be the minority… I’m happy with whatever you’d find best Andy, and I’ll try my best to remember the skimlinks if that’s the way we go?

Being an old fart that is a techy dinosaur, sadly there is no way i would be click links or whatever, and im sure many other would start with good intentions.
Offer a club supporter banner, at an annual cost
Charge businesses a small fee to be advertisers
Boom job done

My sentiments too - the amount of cash we’re talking about is achievable with not many members pledging support. Happy to do whatever is deemed best, but the simplicity of ‘pay a small amount once a year’ is undeniably attractive :wink:

All very encouraging gents.

I would like someone other than me to escow the funds should this happen. It keeps things transparent then.

Ill build another local VM to me and migrate the data so we can get an idea of what we could make it look like, and get a feel for the direction we might like to go.