Test day Next Thursday, Track Day Friday

Hi I’m running a test and track prior to the VSCC SeeRed Race Meeting at Donny 13 - 16 Sep. A number of Exigers have joined in in previous years. Depending on what we get it may be in sessions but could well be open pit lane. Group C grid will be testing on Thursday in a deciated morning seesion and a dedicated afternoon session.

Go HERE for more info on testing and track day
or look HERE for more info on the race meeting itself.

Hi Mike

Will be booking the Friday trackday - thanks for the invite.

Will also be at the race meeting on Sunday

Booked & paid - ta again, Mike

I am close to book half a day but then saw this comment on the site

"Again participants will have over 2 hours of track time for a full day. A road licence is required.
"

only 2 hours for the full day !!!
so if I book the 1/2 day i will only get 1 hour track time :-/

Think I will just pop over and get a go in your car Pesky :slight_smile:

can you confirm if it will be open pit lane please.

David

There is every chance it will be open pitlane

Look forward to seeing you - it’ll be worth coming just to drool over the Group C cars, which are racing over the weekend

Anyone know what the noise limit is if any ???

98 db

Thats me out then

Chris, You could do the test day on Thursday???

Chris, You could do the test day on Thursday???

He wants to be with his adoring fan club on Friday

It will almost certainly be open pit lane, even if we start in sessions. The reason for sessions is that we may have a wide range of cars going back to 20s/30s sports cars which can be, by modern standards, quite slow. If some of those are complete novices and they’re on track at the same time as a S/C Honda Exige they could get a fright! Experience dictates that the numbers will be low enough to run the first outing in sessions and then open pit lane thereafter. If you only get (i.e. are allowed) two hours I’ll give you at least half your money back…

There’s always the test day on Thursday which, apart from two dedicated sessions for Gp C cars will undobtedly be open pit lane and unsilenced.

The statements on sessions are merely the right for the organiser to ensure that everything is safe. If you want testimonials as to how good these days are (sharing the paddock and circuit with some stunning historic machinery) just ask Rob, or Martin etc who have all done it before.

If you want testimonials as to how good these days are (sharing the paddock and circuit with some stunning historic machinery) just ask Rob, or Martin etc who have all done it before.

It’s one of my “must do” events of the year - as is attending the weekend race meeting. In all, 3 days of jaw dropping fun, & also a great privilege to actually be out on track with some fantastic cars from yesteryear.

Weather forecast is looking okay too

Can’t wait

Last year, had great fun following one these for a few laps - 4 wheel drifting exquisitely Was very, very careful in overtaking him - worth an absolute fortune - similar cars were 1st & 2nd in the 1959 Le Mans 24hrs

[image]http://www.tamsoldracecarsite.net/AstonMartinDBR1.JPG[/image]

[image]http://www.classicrallies.com/img/pictures/5357_mid.jpg[/image]

Thanks Rob, cheque’s in the post…

Damn

Would have been a good day but I’m off to Sydney so cant make it …

Just as I get relaibility

…but I’m off to Sydney

Have you been reading Ang’s recent posts?

Im going to chance it on the friday, no problems last year with noise see you there

Im going to chance it on the friday, no problems last year with noise see you there

Good news

Which car - Scholar Timebomb or Honda Tractor?

i hope to be there and it will be good to meet you all.

Do i simply need to print the application form and send a cheque even at this late stage?

i hope to be there and it will be good to meet you all.

Do i simply need to print the application form and send a cheque even at this late stage?

Will be good to meet you too Suggest you phone the VSCC to book & pay on Monday. Print out the form & take it along on Friday

PS As you’re local, are you bringing the bacon butties?

Signing on will be in the paddock diner…