taking the roof off an S2 ?

[color:“orange”] I’m about to try to take the roof off my shiney new S2.
just before i balls it up, is there anyone out there who has successfully done this? …or indeed, anyone who has tried and failed?
ps. i am aware of the chassis rigidity issues and invalidating-warranty issues with taking off her top. It can’t be helped - top-less is always best! [/color]

Before you get all the flack from the roof on faithfull (most on here), two points :-

1. It’s all in the handbook which the S2 shares with the 111R.

2. The roof does not affect rigidity, as the chassis is a roofless design. Removal will affect high speed aerodynamics as the rear spoiler needs the roof to direct the airflow AFAIK.

Tim.

(Best to keep roof off issues off this forum though )

It’s alright Tim, he’s too far away for us to get him!

Enjoy your roofless Elise driving gussi!

Ian

thanks for the words of wisdom …err, naturally i asked the question for a friend of mine )
…the weather in japan is just so good though… and the girls in mini skirts and boots - i believe my friend simply want to improve his tan and improve visibility - perhaps!

i believe my friend simply want to improve his tan

Is your mate a coiffeur then, cos it’ll bollox his barnet?

[color:“orange”] I’m about to try to take the roof off my shiney new S2.
just before i balls it up, is there anyone out there who has successfully done this? …or indeed, anyone who has tried and failed?
ps. i am aware of the chassis rigidity issues and invalidating-warranty issues with taking off her top. It can’t be helped - top-less is always best! [/color]

Quick Pesky save him he’s moving towards THE DARK SIDE!!!

Dah Dah Dah, Der dah dah, Der dah dah… etc…