swapping a k series back in

seriously now for once.

If I stuff a ricer into the exige (basically taking the honda setup out of my S1 elise so I can use that as a mule for somthing a bit more interesting) at some point a k series will have to go back in to it if I keep the car as intended. Awaiting mocking but I think the S1 exige is the only future classic in the line up and it should go back to standard at some point when its retired.

So should I break down the actual original for storage and try and keep the “right” engine number and also should it be a bog standard 170/190 engine with orginal type head etc.

In effect should I crate up exactly what the car would have been delivered with or sell it off for 50p and a conker and build up a k series to orginal (ish) spec at some point in the future?

Well, I have my VHPD piece of shite in the corner of the shed in case my son wants to restore the car one day.

In my opinion future classics have to be original. I know a few people with various classic cars and even the slightest non original thing can hurt the value. If the Exige does go the same way then I reckon the more original parts on it the better. So don’t go chucking the bloody charcoal canister or the ConAir away. lol.

Everything is in a box…mainly because I’m a hoarder.

Oh arse.

The charcoal can.

I’m great at hoarding but its more a case of throwing it in the corner then wondering were it is when I need it later.

In my opinion future classics have to be original. I know a few people with various classic cars and even the slightest non original thing can hurt the value. If the Exige does go the same way then I reckon the more original parts on it the better. So don’t go chucking the bloody charcoal canister or the ConAir away. lol.

Johnboy

in what I think are the best interests of this forum can I ask you to remove your signature line. Uldis has been a good contributor here and it runs counter to the esprit de corps of Exiges.com

I think some quid pro quo is called for, Uldis’s signature has prompted Jonhboy’s

Dave

http://www.jjbracing.com/

http://www.jjbracing.com/ >

Brilliant

PS Good to see you here Skeggsy

PPS Shouldn’t you be swapping your gearbox right now?

"How Much?

A Honda based conversion may be replaced for a Rover power plant with brand new PTP kit at NO COST to you - that�s all parts and labour! The engine coming out of your car will offset most of the cost of this conversion…"

an interesting way of doing it…where do the Honda engines and ancillaries end up?

…where do the Honda engines and ancillaries end up?

At the shrine of King K, looking very sorry for themselves, next to the growing pile of ditched Audi stuff.

no…at the red tractor factory…!