Suspension mounts

Hello all,

I know it’s not an Exige but as the chassis are all similar, I’m hoping for some advice.

I’ve enquired about a very tidy looking Elise S1 that I’ve seen for sale and the vendor has sent various pictures, including some of the wishbone mounts - one of which shows some deformation, where the chassis box-section looks ‘pinched’ by the wishbone bolt. I just wanted to ask for opinions on whether this looks superficial or if I should avoid? Perhaps i’m being fussy but I’m aware of how important chassis integrity is.

Hope you can help

Cheers

Dave

Clearly looks like the pivot bolt has been overtightened for some reason:

• Worn bush
  • Incorrect bush
  • Incorrect shims

Alternatively I wonder if it may be that it’s had an impact that has twisted the wishbone and so damaged the pivot? Although if I’m looking correctly that’s the right front so an impact would have needed to push the wheel/hub forwards to force the front pivot inwards…

Castor shims missing…Need (4 x 1.5mm)) 6mm shims in total inc the snubber washer with a rubber washer attached to it
Those suspension arms look quite corroded …I would need to build into the budget a suspension refresh

Yeah as Dave has said, deffo factor in the cost of a suspension refresh, which in fairness is something that needs doing every three or four years in my opinion, depending on use and how warm and fluffy your garage is. I wouldn’t be too worried about the mount though, Yes it’s been tightened up without the right number of shims in, but I’ve seen loads of them like that and its and easy thing to ease back out and make perfect again.