suspension exige v's elise: is there a difference?

what is the difference if any between the geometry of the exige and elise. are the wishbones the same, and then if so why does the exige have a wider track?

just doesn’t quite add up, as if someone puts lovely exige wheels on an elise they need to add spacers too, at least thats is what i have heard.

can anyone answer this grey area? a mate of mine asked me this as he is planning to do this and i just don’t know.

All I know is that the Exige (Standard) has LSS and stiffer springs than the Elise LSS.

As far as the Geo is concerned, I’ve asked a similar question. Loads of people talk about 340R Dry Track settings etc but no one ever seems to talk about Exige settings.

I think the Exige has a quick rack which makes a difference but I wasn’t aware of a wider track although it does make sense with the wider clam.

From memory, but I thought the Exige had the Elise sports suspension, which had a wide track.

Remember the Exige has 1" bigger wheels than the Elise.

Ian

I used to have exige wheels and exige suspension on my elise all you need to do is file away the inside of the front wheelarch. no spacers required they have exactly the same wishbones and uprights

the ‘wider track’ is nothing more than a different wheel offset.

All the wishbones uprights etc are identical to the Elise, the only difference to the suspension is the LSS has slightly stiffer spring rates when compared to the Elise LSS kit.

then it looks like the geometry is all the same then.

Then the wheel spacers which people sometimes use are probably just to fatten up the slight ‘commer van effect’ of a standard elise.

not really mitch… ???.. the geo will be whatever it has been set to by the last guy (or girl ) that set it up… from the factory the exige has different geo to the elise and most exiges run more aggressive track biased settings than the average elise - like all generalit tho’ there are exceptions…

But you can’t say… the geo is all the same !!

not really mitch… ???.. the geo will be whatever it has been set to by the last guy (or girl ) that set it up… from the factory the exige has different geo to the elise and most exiges run more aggressive track biased settings than the average elise - like all generalit tho’ there are exceptions…

But you can’t say… the geo is all the same !!

hmmm, if all that is different is the geometry then the components are indeed the same, right? therefore the exige setup is achievable with a set of exige wheels, for the right offsets, and an exige setup of the geometry. have i got it now?

Plus LSS springs and dampers

Plus LSS springs and dampers

as Brendan says, if you don’t have these you’ll almost certainly break something

why that? would it not be simply be too soft, in comparison to an exige?

there would also be no real advantage get lss before you get wheels the standard ones are too soft