Supercharger upgrade Part 1

Three days in a row now, I’ve spoken to three different people who promise to call back and let me know what the hell’s happening with my car.No response.

Look like you need to rev up the Boxter and take a little trip down there [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/wink.gif[/image]

David, are they still expecting you to pay the full amount, despite being way behind on schedule ?

I received an E-mail from TurboTechnics yesterday giving lots of apologies and saying that the engine should be going on the dyno some point next week.(but we’ve heard that before)I’m adopting a “believe it when I see it” attitude now.No compensation for the extra 2 months I’ve waited (despite costing me �600 in wasted insurance)It’s a shame, because I had a couple of magazines interested in running an article on the car (even to the point of them hounding me). But I feel reluctant to dance and sing about it now.

quote:Originally posted by Keenan Perrin:Hit em for a late penalty! �1000 per week sounds good.At that rate, they’ll be paying me !

Just received an E-mail from TurboTechnics…New estimated completion date… 4 weeks from now.Estimated delay: 11 weeksLaugh? I could almost cry.Does anyone know a good lawyer re: compensation ?[This message has been edited by Admin5 (edited 19 June 2001).]

What’s the delay David…what are they saying?Have you been done to the factory and seen your car and engine?Could it be that they are spending time with Lotus developing the S2 kit?

Steve, here was last weeks excuse: quote:Our plan was to dyno test your engine wc 04/06/01Unfortunatly due to circumstances beyond our control, we were not able to meet this deadline.However we are planning to go to dyno next week (18/06/01) with engine and carry out all the necessary mapping work.All things being well and barring any major problems i will be in a situation towards the end of the week to update you. The problems that have led us into this situation are to do with the supply of outside parts, castings, hoses , ecu etc.Unfortunatly it is a reflection of the vehicle / engineering industry as a whole that nowadays we cannot rely on the delivery dates or estimates from our suppliers.We continually find ourselves in an uphill struggle to have the ordered parts on the premises in time for the customers vehicle when it arrives with us, regardless of the lead times that we are quoted.This is why sometimes our own lead times are so far ahead for booking in customer vehicles, along with other work commitments.Inevitably there will be delays on a project of this size and technicality,i can only appologise on behalf of Turbo Technics for the delay that you are experiencing.We are endeavoring to do our best to return your vehicle to you as soon as possible.This is todays excuse: quote:The engine has now been delivered to the company that is carrying out the dyno work.As previously stated we were hoping to complete this work by the end of this week with the assistance of the ecu manufacturer.However it would appear that the engine will not be rigged and ready to run until the end of this week / beginning of next.Obviously this is not what either of us would wish at this time, the delay is due to the fact that the company have an engine that they wish to complete prior to our appointment, the said engine having been at their premises for some two years awaiting completion.If all goes to plan then towards the end of next week (WC 25/06/01) we should have the engine back with ourselves.After this, the ancillary castings and components would require removing and dressing, this would bring us to the end of the following week (WC 02/07/01). The engine will then be re-dressed and assembled in vehicle.Some part throttle / driveability work may be required at this stage (WC 09/07/01).The vehicle could possibly be ready for delivery at this time after we have completed some road mileage.Again i can only appologise for the delays caused and your continued inconvenience.

pretty poor excuses for the money being paid…but maybe you should count yourself lucky if the engine comes back from dyno testing in under 2 years…where they testing that guy’s engine or holding it for ransom!!!

Hold them to there date and ask them how much less is it going to cost due to there incompetence and tell them if it is not ready by there new date then you will be suing them for breach of contract. A contract can be verbal! Loss of use depreciation dissatisfaction stress mither and worry does not come cheep. Don�t hold back speak to the top man and tell him that you will be running the article in ccc or where ever with or without the car!!! The going rate for a bad day caused by someone is �1000:00, you have had 60 so far!"!!�Let the Fnck3rs have it both barrels. [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/frown.gif[/image]