Supercharger Upgrade - DYNO RESULTS !!

Here are the dyno results from TurboTechnics of my Supercharged engine.Key info:Maximum Power: 261 BHP @ 6750 rpmMaximum Torque: 206 lb/ft @ 6000 rpmTurboTechnics hope to improve on these figures by modifications to the chargecooling and some adjustments to fuelling at higher rpm.WOW !!!There’s an Excel file detailing it all here. [image]http://www.exiges.com/gallery/dyno1.jpg[/image] [This message has been edited by Admin5 (edited 29 June 2001).]

Hurrah! So they’re finally getting somewhere then…Most impressive!

Something’s just struck me… The dyno results peaks at 7,000rpmSeems like TTechnics have mapped it to redline there, rather than the Exiges usual 8,000.

From the graph, the power is dropping off well before 8000rpm anyway so there’s probably no reason to map it that high… I’d ask them anyway…

quote:Originally posted by TT:From the graph, the power is dropping off well before 8000rpm anyway so there’s probably no reason to map it that high… I’d ask them anyway…But is that because they’ve mapped it that way I wonder ? I’ll ask.But with that power, I’m happy not to rev the nuts off it.

Cant wait to see it in action!Looks impressiveKee [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image]

Just returned from a trip to TurboTechnics…The engine’s in place, they’re just waiting for some castings to return from being powder coated… I’m told that the car maybe on the road by Friday… I imagine that’s morelike next Monday/Tuesday.Then they’ll call me over for a drive.Donington 20th July is starting to look doubtful therefore.

quote:Originally posted by Admin5:Donington 20th July is starting to look doubtful therefore.Thats a real shame I am booked for Donnington and was interested to see the Supercharger’s first outing, at its home track

TT have told me that the car’s booked in for more rolling road work on Monday 23rd July, meaning that I won’t have it back for the track day this Friday.Bugger.At the EARLIEST, the car will be another week or so… but I forsee more delays for some reason… call it a sixth sense… call it a premonition… call it “knowing how crap TT are”

Lets hope they can build engines better than they can read diaries!

Davidwhat’s the betting you forget all this once its delivered!..phrases like “but it was worth the wait” spring to mind…can you see yourself saying them?Must admit though that at the NEC show I wasn’t impressed by the fact that they were selling a concept that they hadn’t even begun to develop

quote:Originally posted by stevegreen:Davidwhat’s the betting you forget all this once its delivered!..phrases like “but it was worth the wait” spring to mind…can you see yourself saying them?I hope you’re right Steve, hopefully I’ll have forgotten about all the track days I’ve missed out on…What irks me I guess, is that they already had a prototype car, so I thought that doing my car would be a formality… Ideally, they would have done all the development FIRST, then took my car in…Had I known how long it was going to take, I’d have bought a spare Exige to use in the mean-time.

DavidHope the end result makes up for the delay.In the meantime, I reckon that TT should, as a goodwill gesture, reduce the cost of the installation - 4 months instead of 4 wksis not acceptable.A new cost of �6-�8k sounds reasonable to me.This is good business practice and TT should be happy to offer you this. Anyway, I’m sure you’ll love it. Looking forward to hearing about it and how it alters your lap times at Donington.

quote:Originally posted by Admin5: But is that because they’ve mapped it that way I wonder ? I’ll ask.But with that power, I’m happy not to rev the nuts off it.Did you find the answer to why it peaks at 7000rpm?

Whats goin on wth the TT conversion now? Does it still take them too long to fit? Also will you need your engine rebuilt annually to cope?

If they have all the bits, it takes only 3-4 weeks to fit (they did a 340R recently quite quickly).They’re plagued by poor suppliers though, which can slow things down somewhat.