Supercharged

The other car I am looking at has the TT260 supercharged conversion…I am a bit wary given these cars are hot at the best of times. Anyone want to persuade me one way or the other? Would appreciate views…

Ken

To be honest, I’m not sure there’s enough evidence out there on the supercharging front.

You maybe able to take some measure from the number of people swapping their engines of late, rather than supercharging an already highly tuned engine that started life in the 1990s in a family saloon.

Ian

Thats helpful…I have owned two exiges before and i didn’t get the impression either would have been happy with another 70 brake!!

ken

Ken

The Exige would be happy with another 70BHP, or even another 150 (audi conversion)…

But the K series at 260 BHP as a reliable proposition??? That’s a different question…

The > Exige > would be happy with another 70BHP, or even another 150 (audi conversion)…

Don’t mention Audi conversions to Ken

As someone already wrote on another post, in the Engine Topic ( believe it was IDG ), the TT 260 Conversion will require an engine rebuild every 40.000 miles… An engine rebuild isn’t cheap and it’s definetely not a good symptom on what this conversion can do to the k-series…

The > Exige > would be happy with another 70BHP, or even another 150 (audi conversion)…

Don’t mention Audi conversions to Ken

ere mate? Luv your new avata ‘R’

wont menshun anyfing to Ken about the ‘A’ word…

Mike
(AKA of Bristol)

As someone already wrote on another post, in the Engine Topic ( believe it was IDG ), the TT 260 Conversion will require an engine rebuild every 40.000 miles…

Not sure that’s strictly true… in fact, I’m quite sure that’s wrong. If built correctly (that’s a big “if”) the car should be stronger than a standard K-series, due to it’s strengthening.

A TT260 Exige is the fastest Exige you can own (is an Audi conversion commercially available yet ?) and is a ferociously rapid car (I should know ) and noticably faster than a VTEC Exige etc.

My concern would be resale values, in that only a handful of Exiges were converted and there’s an even smaller market for TT260 Exiges than there is for the already-tiny Exige market.

It would be ideal if you lived near TurboTechnics too (Northampton) should you need servicing etc.

Not sure that’s strictly true… in fact, I’m quite sure that’s wrong. If built correctly (that’s a big “if”) the car should be stronger than a standard K-series, due to it’s strengthening.

I’m sorry if i was misinforming… not my intention. Only reported what I read.

So tell me David, do you own a TT260?

How does it differ from the original?

So tell me David, do you own a TT260?

You’re new here, aren’t you ? Only joking.

Yes, I had the first TT260 Exige that TurboTechnics produced, and my experience with it is well documented on this forum if you do a search. The car was featured in Evo magazine twice and also featured (and won) Ultimate Track Car of the Year in CCC magazine (RIP).

How did it differ ? Mechanically, lots of things. It’s not just a case of bolting a supercharger on it. For the money + work that goes into it, it’s not THAT expensive (�9000). Driving wise, it was ferociously fast. Coupled with the cars amazing handling it was a real gem on the track.

You got that done cheap david cos the price list for that tt260 conversion in January 2003 was �9695 + vat at 17.5%. Im still having fun with it though, keep thinking of selling it due to VERY high insurance as im 21 but always convince myself its to good to sell. Ive found it runs alot cooler than a standard car.