Supercharged Exige

So what am I not understanding here? Can’t the K20A have the intake facing the rear like the vhpd? Then you could fit trumpets and a nice big airbox no worries

Exactly, uless you do some extreme gear box modification and completely ignore center of gravity and you will then need to raise the engine higher to have the exhaust manifold run underneathe engine again! Pointless IMHO.

PR did one for a customer in the US in an Elise. 301 to the wheels.

That’s at the wheels Mike, at the wheels! [says Ian having a little fun here] Like anything over 400bhp/ton is not mental!

ahki, do you know if Joe used Fabian’s level of internals before charging it?

Ian

STOCK INTERNALS as is mine, the honda crank will happily take 600+Hp. 11psi of boost is not a great deal.

Ian

Output figures from the USA “tend” to be somewhat greater than those acheived in the UK. This subject has been done to death over on SELOC, resulting in a fair old slanging match, so I suggest that we don’t go down that route on this bbs

oh god… please no.
I saw the dyno in the US. when PR’s car was dyno, and when the Hondata car was dyno, on a dynapack… stop it Rick… let it rest!

let just say the cars were quicker and we all had a lot of fun in them…

at the end of the day to tell how quick a car is, is to measure the size of your grin when you step out or not…whoops!

I’ve got a far better plan for horsepower …

There’s a GT1 with 600 HP for sale over here

Oh … hang on … 100K Euro … well half a plan

Output figures from the USA “tend” to be somewhat greater than those acheived in the UK. This subject has been done to death over on SELOC, resulting in a fair old slanging match, so I suggest that we don’t go down that route on this bbs

Okay, I’ll stop stirring.

It would be interesting to see what Fabian’s internals did with ahki’s charger (other than destroy brakes and types veeeeery quickly!).

Ian

Hmmm 260hp NA maybe if you set the redline to 9,500rpm - what’s the redline set at on yours Fabian? I didn’t think ITB did much for the top end anyway. I’m def. not interested in a hp argument (it’s been done to death) but as someone with a JDM Honda in the back of my Elise and a tuned Hondata ECU I made 223hp at Emerald. All I would say is go to the right Dyno shop and you’ll get any number you want.

But like Ahki said the only thing that matters is the size of your grin and mines still pretty big

Whens yours due to hit the road Ahki?

Okay, I’ll stop stirring.

It would be interesting to see what Fabian’s internals did with ahki’s charger (other than destroy brakes and types veeeeery quickly!).

Ian

may not be as much! the reason being that if fabian was to have built a serious NA, then it would have hi comp pistons around 12 - 13:1 compression and some cam with crazy duration, meaning that it will overlap and the boost will simply blow in and out immediately.

also if you was running that type of compression, you cannot run serious boost.

crank and conrods make minimal if any hp…

so… the answer is if I was to build a serious SC car, I would lower the compression to around 9 - 10.5:1

the alternative is to alter the displacement… we will get into that at a later time, I just want my car to get back on the road right now.

One last thing about compression. Fabian’s engine will definately not be streetable in the UK because we do not have 100 octane fuel unlike in Germany where they have Shell V-Power.

Ian

I agree completely… best keep Fabian and Joe seperated…

One last thing about compression. Fabian’s engine will definately not be streetable in the UK because we do not have 100 octane fuel unlike in Germany where they have Shell V-Power.

theres always a squirt of octane booster available…

So what am I not understanding here? Can’t the K20A have the intake facing the rear like the vhpd? Then you could fit trumpets and a nice big airbox no worries

RemarkLima
As long as you only want to use reverse gear… or do 150mph backwards in 6th… that would be okay…

RemarkLima
As long as you only want to use reverse gear… or do 150mph backwards in 6th… that would be okay…

LOL! BRING IT ON!!! You want a thrill ride! That’s gonna pi$$ over all of the “forwards” cars for that adreline hit

how much Octane booster do you use for 100? is it feasible?

oh… did I tell you that the airpump also makes the car more efficient. so less fuel is use. burn less fuel and gain extra oomph!

I would be very surprised if that was true, given the ‘air pump’ takes power to run it…

how much Octane booster do you use for 100? is it feasible?

Not a lot …

I would be very surprised if that was true, given the ‘air pump’ takes power to run it…

it’s true, have one on my CTR as well…

ahki

i’m surprised you don’t know about octane boosters already … i thought all you typeR boys used it?.. esp if you have a JDM

I have been told that you can get 101RON from Optimax by using it… i think you are only talking of quantities around a few ml of booster product per litre fuel.

I have no idea which ones to use and which not - some of them can be pretty corrosive to metals typically found in the fuel chain so you should research it a wee bit before diving in i guess…

let us know how you get on…

ahki

i’m surprised you don’t know about octane boosters already … i thought all you typeR boys used it?.. esp if you have a JDM

I have been told that you can get 101RON from Optimax by using it… i think you are only talking of quantities around a few ml of booster product per litre fuel.

I have no idea which ones to use and which not - some of them can be pretty corrosive to metals typically found in the fuel chain so you should research it a wee bit before diving in i guess…

let us know how you get on…

oh, I know about octane boosters, don’t use it though, I have tuned Hondata ECU to cope with optimax. only jap spec ecu’s have issues.

I normally use Avgas 110 from my friends light aircraft on a good day It’s getting hard to get though.

oh, I know about octane boosters, don’t use it though, I have tuned Hondata ECU to cope with optimax. only jap spec ecu’s have issues.

I normally use Avgas 110 from my friends light aircraft on a good day It’s getting hard to get though.

ahki - I’m interested to know how you manage to achieve better fuel economy with a supercharger. As for running AVgas what are you doing about the O2 sensor???

there is no, special alterations to my supercharger, I just get better fuel economy maybe my K-Pro helps as it is tuned correctly to the AirFuel Ratio.

I run Avgas in my EK and DC2 only as they have 12.5:1 compression. with two different programs on my Hondata S200.

I also run a FJO wideband sensor instead of the stock O2 and so I run Open-loop!

before you ask about my EP3’ I run a Hondata K-Pro with a harness conversion for Wideband and yes it can be disable to run open-loop as well, but this is my daily driver so, pump fuel is all I use

Does this answer your questions?

I can understand you getting similar fuel economy on gentle throtte settings (esp. if the blower has a bypass)- but not under load. The Supercharger requires power to drive it - this is why turbochargers are more efficient they make use of energy that would otherwise be lost. What type of blower does the JR kit use i.e. Roots, screw or centrifugal?

With the blower you’re forcing more air in, will means more fuel is needed to maintain the correct AFR. You get a bigger bang but a chunk of that extra bang goes into driving the blower. Unless you’ve figured out a way of breaking the laws of physic’s a supercharger cannot give you better mpg.

As far as the AVgas goes one of the fastest ways to destroy an O2 sensor is the use of leaded fuel. As far as I know all AVgas is leaded to some degree.