Supercharged Exige

Jose,

mine has more than 260 and this without a kompressor or turbo. It is possible but not the cheapest way…

Can you tell us what did you do to obtain 280 bhp’s from a K20A without forced induction?

What was the approx. cost?

don’t know about 280 bhp without getting a stroker kit. The civic type-r boys can get around 240 at the flywheel with a good CAI, decat and race header, decent exhaust (Spoon or buddyclub for instance) and a set of TODA cams with ECU remap. However, with the exige being mid-engined, surely the exhaust will compromise top-end power??

Ah… so you’ll have to fit VTEC Killer cams… Not such a good option, for those of us who wish to drive the car in a daily basis…

Ah… so you’ll have to fit VTEC Killer cams… Not such a good option, for those of us who wish to drive the car in a daily basis…

Because it really needs 280 bhp on a daily basis!?!!

Ian

Believe it or not, there are those of us who think the Exige is a little slow as a road car. A bit (preferably a lot) more power is very handy for overtaking.
It’s the one thing I miss about my old Esprit V8…

Because it really needs 280 bhp on a daily basis!?!!

Ian

Well Ian, i wouldn’t say it would not be useful. Still if you plan to use your exige both on the road and on the track, it would be great to have a 280 bhp solution (great for track) that would work very well on the road to, wouldn’t it?

A bit (preferably a lot) more power is very handy for overtaking.

After driving the Gay Lardy in France, last weekend, I tend to agree

I have changed the pistons, new conrods, new camshafts, throttlebodies and i have changed the ECU to Motec M800. My engine still has V-Tec,…and so it is still very good street driveable!

Fabian, do you have any picture of your setup, dyno graph?

what pistons, conrods and Cams are you using?

when you say throttlebodies do you mean ITB’s?

This is getting interesting! Who will have more power, mike lane’s Audi or ahki’s Honda??!

Ian

Ahki,
i will post the dyno if i am back from holiday. I have many custome parts from Group A Hondas from Japan. ITB�s - i do not know what that is, see the picture - this is how it looks like !

Fabian

[image]http://www.fabianflach.de/exige/engine.gif[/image]

That’s easy…

Matt already has over 300 with his audi, and a stock IHI turbo…

I’m hoping for way over 300, since I’ve got a stage two Jabbasport IHI…

(Fingers crossed, of course, and touch wood)

Dave Walker has seen over 350 from the seat / audi engine, BTW

fabian

how the heck do you fit that in with those throttle bodies sticking out like that??.. you don’t have the engine mounted with exhaust manifold against cabin bulkhead … do you ??.. the two installations i have seen have the inlet against the cabin bulkhead and i didn’t think there was much space with the standard set-up… yours looks way bigger (in a pokey out kinda way… )

ahki…

are those ITB’s ??

yep, those are ITB’s. (individual throttle bodies)

my thought exactly, i was looking at the Toda one’s initially and that would not fit the exige, if it could it would be fine as it has an airbox.

However Fabian’s ITBs are open and look a bit long for my liking.
It looks as there is not much space between the trumpets and bulkhead. also, it is sucking up hot air in the engine bay as it has no airbox (I guess No room to fit them)

it may make 280ps in an FWD Honda or on an engine dyno, but I don’t think it will in a lotus.

the Honda basically has a ram air effect direct into the ITB’s. in a Lotus you have a vacumme full of hot air.

Wasn’t somebody feeding air from the roof scoop? Couldn’t that work for the ITBs? Cooler air coming down into the trumpets.

Ian

That’s easy…

Ah but akhi could have 280 BEFORE he charges it!

GAME ON!

Ian

Wasn’t somebody feeding air from the roof scoop? Couldn’t that work for the ITBs? Cooler air coming down into the trumpets.

Ian

yes, the GT car has it feeding through from the scoop, but it completely different and highly altered, And it goes into the stock throttlebody.

Fabian, will still need to make a airbox. but I don’t think there is any room!

[image]http://www.todaracing.com/images/product_k20a_throttlebody.jpg[/image]

these are the Toda ones… do you see how big the airbox is? definately a NO,NO for the Exige.

That’s easy…

Ah but akhi could have 280 BEFORE he charges it!

GAME ON!

Ian

PR did one for a customer in the US in an Elise. 301 to the wheels.

So what am I not understanding here? Can’t the K20A have the intake facing the rear like the vhpd? Then you could fit trumpets and a nice big airbox no worries

PR did one for a customer in the US in an Elise. 301 to the wheels.

That’s at the wheels Mike, at the wheels! [says Ian having a little fun here] Like anything over 400bhp/ton is not mental!

ahki, do you know if Joe used Fabian’s level of internals before charging it?

Ian

Ian

Output figures from the USA “tend” to be somewhat greater than those acheived in the UK. This subject has been done to death over on SELOC, resulting in a fair old slanging match, so I suggest that we don’t go down that route on this bbs