Super Touring Pack 'V' Super Sport Pack

I currently have a Exige S with a touring pack but am about to place an order for a new one. I know that this will be a personal preference in the end but would like some feed back on which pack is better. The majority of use would be normal road use, but with the odd track day. The only thing that I think I would really miss would be the IPod connector. The dealer reckons that I can’t have the driving lights with the sport pack. Has anyone retro fitted these. I can’t see it would be that difficult? Any opinions welcomed.

2 packs at oppisite ends of the scale ??

Sounds like you dont know what you want from it, and i would work that out before you decide on the spec…

Obviously the Super Sport pack will be sport/track bias and the Super Touring will be… Touring bias.

The wiring for the spots is already there, the spots can be bought. The PITA is the fact that realisticly you would need to remove the front clam to trim the grill properly.

Ive gone from touring to sport & supersport, still have aircon and electric windows! the only noticable diff is lack of carpets and driving lights, nothing that cant be added after.

Gav

I currently have a Exige S with a touring pack but am about to place an order for a new one.

Why is that?

I will still get the A/C but not bother about the electric windows. I am leaning towards the Sport and Supersport I just wasn’t sure how much if any noisier it would be without the noise insulation panelling!

doesnt one come with the horrible federal dash? and why are you buying another S so soon after the first?

The super touring pack comes with the federal dash (which I don’t like) but aparently it will become standard at the end of the year/early next year. The reason that I am changing it after a year is because I am in a position to for little cost.

The reason that I am changing it after a year is because I am in a position to for little cost.

Don’t blame you then

Ew why are they doing the federal dash as standard from next year?

No doubt its heavier too

Ew why are they doing the federal dash as standard from next year?

EU Regs probably. At least it can look better than before (like on the ‘improved’ Europa spec).

As for choice of spec can you not specify touring & sport packs FWIW I’d get touring & add your own bits & pieces to suit track use, harnesses probably being the most useful gain looking at the alternative factory specs.

ive got my s with sports and touring - in retrospect i should have also had super sport (for wheels only), but avoid super touring (despise the dash and do you really want rubbish like cup holders:??) if you want leather/special trim ask mel broome at lotus to do you a bespoke job like mine