Stelvio 2020 | Lotus Elise 25th Anniversary Tour

Anybody from here going? Fingers crossed it all stays open… :open_mouth:

Start of Day 1

Fabulous. More pics please and progress report

This :+1:

Day 1 was an autobahn blast down south. Today the fun starts. Austria here we come.

2nd day. Nice run through Austria. Great roads and after lunch the Silvretta Hochalpe strasse. Great fun. Big thanks to Bends and Curve for the organisation. (https://bendsandcurves.com). Tmr we continue towards Stelvio to meet up with 40+ more cars.

Amazing pictures ( again! ) the trip looks stunning

Dammit

I have organised a European tour for several Lotus cars for the last 15 years or so, but very reluctantly have cancelled this year’s tour to The Picos, Pyrenees, Massif, Jura and Vosges
Should have been arriving in Spain this morning after overnight ferry :cry: :cry:
Setting off to Scotland tomorrow is hardly the same

Some will say that we should still have gone but infection rates are increasing every where, some couldn’t deal with quarantine and I can’t help feeling the whole virus thing would take the edge off the enjoyment.
Hopefully we are rearranging for July next year

Last year as a reminder

The keen-eyed amongst you will notice the Prancing Horse which was allowed to join us. It did provide a lot of aural entertainment at times. And bloody quick to spot any gap in the traffic

We cancelled our trip this year too - just not worth the risk… move to late July for us too

Shot taken in 2006 at the top of Stelvio (there are a lot of better mountain passes in the Alps)

Third day took us dutchy’s from Austria to Italy. Fine roads and passes again with highlight the Timmelsjoch pass. The weather is still smiling. Ended in a new Hotel to meet up with the international part of the meeting. International part split up in a 4 or 2 day trip so for now not all cars arrived yet.

Spectacular

Superb. Keep the pics coming.

I cancelled my LoT to Zolder and Zandvoort for the same reason. I swapped it for sloshing rain in Anglesey which was…Great fun.

Can’t keep up. Is there a way to post images from facebook to here using mobile device?

Anyway, Day 4. Start of the international tour. Highlight Passo Gardena. Again fantastic driving weather again. Awesom lunch location in the alps.

Day 5. Nice drive from Bormio to Livigno. Passo Palade, Tonale and Mortirolo. Number of cars is growing. Tmr is the main 25yr elise (20yr exige) celebration and Stelvio run.

#lotuscars
Bends and Curves
Delightful Driving

Day 6.

Wonderful celebration of 25 year Elise. From Hotel we drove up Stelvio from the Bormio side (which was closed last year due to rockfall). After a short stop at the top we headed down into Switzerland, then quickly back to Italy to have a fantastic lunch and a mini Concours de elegance. A few more Lotus showed up so I guess around 70-80 cars there. After lunch back to Stelvio this time up along the famous east side. Quick stop and down to Bormio for the after party.

Sunday we had a blast back home. What a fantastic trip. 1900 miles driven (3000km) and she did it without any issues. Very nice experience and week. Very fine organisation to join.

International part by Delightful driving: https://delightfuldriving.com
Dutch pre trip by Bends and Curves: https://bendsandcurves.com
Officially recognised by #lotuscars

And guess who won the “most desirable car” category of the Concours de Elegance :sunglasses: