Stelvio 20 revival meeting

Just came back from the Stelvio revival meeting. :sunglasses: Was an amazing experience and 1000% lucky shot with the weather as the fresh snow just about had a chance to disappear from the roads.

Wednesday started off early by meeting 10 dutch cars for a joint trip south. Lovely elise’s, a exige s2, my exige s1 and a elige s1. Headed down and picked up a few more cars on the way. Lunch at Hockenheim ring with lovely sound and view of some GT testing going on. After a stop at the Jim Clarck memorial we drove straight to our Hotel at the Bodensee. :nerd:

Thursday started with more cars joining early at our Hotel. Had a nice drive through Switserland. Fantastic coffee stop in a narrow canyon with grass as green as it can only be in Switzerland. Mountains started beeing visible on the horizon and roads became more and more fun. Arrived in the evening at Livigno Italy. Here the hotel was packed with Lotus cars. Ready for the big day. Dinner and drinks time…

Friday was the day of the Stelvio run. Road was changed due to one access road to Stevio being closed from rockfall. Morning run was to a extremely narrow and twisty road. Then back through Switserland and up Stelvio from the north side. What a blast. Fantastic view, fantastic food and many cars. Walking in t-shirt and sunglasses on top of Europe’s 2757m Stelvio peak. A fun blast back to the Hotel for more dinner and drinks :laughing:

Saturday. A smaller group of Dutchy’s and a Scot headed out again. Directly to Stelvio for a morning climb. Up from the North, Down towards the east. The famous hairpins. Down at the bottom Saturday traffic caught up with us and had a long warm and slow drive over to the city of Merano. After lunch we climbed the 2509m Timmelsjoch pass which many of us preferred over Stelvio. Long sweeping bends and fast pases.

Sunday: 900 sweating km under the sun. Quick run back with lunch and visit to the Porsche museum Stuttgart. :crazy:

Man, what a blast.

Wow, holy freaking Lotus :clap:

Fantastic.

:sunglasses:

This place is just getting better and better. Stunning , simply stunning.

Wonderful trip, we were so close but so far away on our recent Euro tour

Love the pics, glad you had a great time.

Great pics.

Looks like more snow than when I was there last year on way back from Monza .

Me at same spot on Timmelsjoch the day before.

Thommo, you could have come into the shot

Agreed… There are a lot better passes in the Alps than Stelvio
With apologies for the poor lighting

On way back from Monza last year we went up Stelvio from Lake Como side and was great, but I wasn’t impressed with the ‘famous’ side. Full of bikes

IMG_4734 by S, on Flickr