Std seats with harness and net?

Hello,

After a day of flapping about in the cockpit with std seatbelt I’ve decided to go for a harness of some sort. Prob from Eliseparts.

Do they work ok with Std leather seats as I can’t stretch to a new seat ATM? I guess its ok to leave std belts in? Also is the cargo net thingy still usable when the bar is fitted as it seems the only way to stop stuff banging about.

Thanks for patience with a noob.

Andy.

They will work fine with the standard seats - there are some pics of my car it that configuration HERE .

However, i would recommend that you go for the eyebolt fixings as without the holes in the seat for the shoulder straps they could spread in an accident and give you no protection.

Also, the bar I have fitted is an Eliseparts one and unless the design has changed - mine was fitted in July 01 - you will have to cut both the bulkhead plastic cover and the metal lower lip of the rear window.

The luggage net can be refitted and still is fully accessible.

Thanks for that .

In the pics you have your eye holes upwards, meaning you have to cut V’s in the metal to fit. On the Eliseparts website it points to some instructions where the eye holes are on the bottom, which looks much easier. I’m confused now Is this a new design? I’ll give them a ring to clarify, unless someone knows of the top of their head.

Cheers

Andy.

Thanks for that .

On the Eliseparts website it points to some instructions where the eye holes are on the bottom, which looks much easier.

Andy

like I said mine was fitted some time ago so there might be a revised design out now. I actually can’t remember if the tapped holes for the eyebolts went right the way through the bar - and so I could have fitted them underneath…would have saved a bit of cutting

Just make sure that however you fit them they come within the angles recommended - there a photo on that earlier link of mine shopwing what I mean.

Just got my harness bar, and the eyes point down. Doddle to fit, cut the back pannel with the dremmel, left speakers in panel , just reached thru to undo wires. Seats were much easier to remove then I imagined. Going to fit a remote thermostat tomorrow.

Andy.

Out of curiosity, what is the angle the belts are making off the eyebolt - measured from the horizontal…a picture would be even better.