Standard Suspension Geo Set-Up (North West)

Im now 12 months into my Exige ownership and the new Trackday season is approaching fast,

One of the things at the back of mind is getting the geo checked on the exige, from past experience i really appreciate the diff a well set-up car can make.

So
Question 1: How often do you guys get it checked - if at all ?
Question 2: Can the Standard Suspension have the corner weights set ?
Question 3: Where would you recommend in the North West or North East to have the work done ?

When funds allow i will go down the Ohlins Route

Thanks in advance

Phil G

Hi Phil

Depending on how much mileage you do its probably worth getting the geo checked every few months unless you’re doing it yourself then more often would be beneficial, (ie after every trackday) just depends how serious you take it

yes, you can setup corner weights with any spring adjustable suspension

I don’t know many guys up north but the names I’ve heard have been jude performance in newcastle and phoenix (don’t know where they are based)

Not sure, but I would have thought Blink would be able to do this ?

They’re based at Oulton park…

or in the Midlands Horizon Motorsport in Cradely!

Depending on how much mileage you do its probably worth getting the geo checked every few months unless you’re doing it yourself then more often would be beneficial

Maddog - good advice you are giving there, but to put it in context I bet most users don’t get the geo checked anything like that regularly. Perhaps annually would be more the norm unless something feels wrong or you have hit a huge pothole, etc.

I guess most users have to balance both the cost of having it done and the logistics of getting the car to and from someone - which if you are having to book a days holiday can be more of an expense than the geo itself.

Depending on how much mileage you do its probably worth getting the geo checked every few months unless you’re doing it yourself then more often would be beneficial

Maddog - good advice you are giving there, but to put it in context I bet most users don’t get the geo checked anything like that regularly. Perhaps annually would be more the norm unless something feels wrong or you have hit a huge pothole, etc.

I guess most users have to balance both the cost of having it done and the logistics of getting the car to and from someone - which if you are having to book a days holiday can be more of an expense than the geo itself.

I suppose thats one of the “how long is a piece of string” questions

Phoenix Motorsport are in Accrington, Lancs. Highly regarded, 01254 384071 Ask for Oli.Postcode BB5 4LQ.